Help me choose from washburns, low-end ibanez, squires, the low-end kramers, samick

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by kingofduffers, Sep 1, 2006.

1. kingofduffers

kingofduffers New Member

hey guys, m plannin on gettin an axe n my budget as such is arnd 10 -12k. if it helps ne, m more of tab guy thn chords....wht wud u guys suggest? the current options m considering r washburns, low-end ibanez, squires, the low-end kramers, samick n mebbe the yamaha pacifica....ne suggestions r most welcome...thnx
    PS: m a complete beginner here...help me out please guys..

2. nilu_nirvana

nilu_nirvana New Member

suggest not to go for the low-end ibanezs...and for 10-12k, you wouldnt get a decent washburn...kramers are expensive...so that leaves you samick and pacifica and the squiers....

i've heard a lot for the pacifica, good guitars....squiers tend to be weak pupd..although you can get a squier california fat strat for 8.8k at bajaao.com

the washburn x10 is around 10k, you might wanna check that out...there's another brand aria that you might like to try...i recently bought an aria xl dlx and i'm more than happy with it..

3. kingofduffers

kingofduffers New Member

thnx dude, will check out aria, n yea there r a cupla kramers for arnd 9-10k..focus i think...n ther r some three greg bennetts..avion av-3, av-1 n smthn called an interceptor. n yea, saw da squier cali...but i dunno how it is, whtdo u think?

4. nilu_nirvana

nilu_nirvana New Member

the squier fat strat is a pretty decent axe.H-S-S config....i'd suggest if you are going for the kramers, go for the ones with quad rails and dual rails pup config...and that might get a bit on the higher side....but i havent got much idea on th focus though.....there's the kramer striker for about 17.5 k which felt good to me

5. sayanakaharry

sayanakaharry Forum Leader

the striker is a veyr good guitar. the focus is ok but it has 21 frets, a handicap.

6. kingofduffers

kingofduffers New Member

thnx for the feedback guys...fkin guitars r too xpensive in india dude, da retail price of da striker wrks out to arnd 10k...n the pricks at furtados sell it for 19.3..:O..neways, get bak to ya later if i need sum more help, thnx a ton.

7. bhaskie

bhaskie New Member

dude, how much did you get the XLDLX for? I am getting one for 12K and the XL-STD for 9K. I found the XL-STD to be quite good (SSH pups, unlike the HSH in the DLX). What stuff do you play with it?

Bhaskie