Help in shifting chords............

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by cool_is_rule, Jan 29, 2005.

1. cool_is_rule

cool_is_rule Lead Guitarist

I wanted to get some help regarding shifting of chords.
    Actually when i shift any chord , say f to g or c to g or a min to f, any thing like that i play an open stroke before shifting .
    I can shift almost all chords but with this problem.............
    This gives a bad sound.

How can i change my way.............

Please help???

cOoL iS :rule:

2. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

You have to get quicker with chord shifting. With time and enough practice you will speed up. Keep practicing.

3. fictional_real

fictional_real Pyaasi Jawani

best thing to do for this kinda problem or anything related to chords shifting. try this....

1) strum slowly, strum continously even if when you shift the chord and play it incorrect dont stop...keep struming and gently adjust your finger so dat the chord is proper. but never stop.
    2)widout strum try to shift the chords .....see where you r having problem. which finger is misplaced....etc. you'll figure it out.
    3) practise, prastice and practise.

there is small exercise in www.cyberfret.com to get rid of it....i am not sure.

4. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

1)Practice
    2)Practice harder
    3)Practice even harder
    Add this to the above advice and your problem should be eliminated in no time.

5. cool_is_rule

cool_is_rule Lead Guitarist

Thanks alll .............

cOoL iS :rule:

6. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

another thing u cud do which might help u get faster is when u wanna play a particular chord u fret all the notes at the same timeFor eg. say g major ,earlie when i used to play i would fret the bass notes first and then maybe a second later the higher notes i would fret. Dont do this, u must fret them at the same time.
    I hope im getting my point through