Help in Buying My First Electric Guitar in Mumbai (Budget 15 k)

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by siddharthb, Aug 7, 2007.

1. siddharthb

siddharthb New Member

Hi Everyone,
    Need help/advice in buying a electric guitar. Kind of music I like is Lenny Kravitz, John Mayer, George Michael... Any suggestions... I have been learning guitar for abt a year,,, Would like to play some rock now :)... Any Models and shops in Mumbai you can suggest PLSSSSS?? One of my friends has suggested Yamaha Pacifica... Will buy in betweer 15 to 20 of this month... My Budget only for guitar is 15k... if something is really good i dont mind spending 2-3k more... Amps i am thinkin Marshall 10 W.. Pls suggest

THANKS VERY MUCH
    Sid

2. mymusicmyguitar

mymusicmyguitar Active Member

check out the Greg Bennetts Avion Models(11 to 18K)...........pretty good for the price..... Also the Fender Squiers(10 to 15K).

Addresses of shops in mumbai:-

SB Music - 16, Gurukripa CHS, Evershine Nagar, Malad West, Mumbai, 400064 Tel: 91-9820884523 tel: 91-9322338513
    9820884523 Ashish is the owner of S B Musical
    --------------------------------------------------

Guitar Shop at Kalbadevi
    Bhargava's Muzic,
    541 Kalbadevi Road, Ravindra House,
    Mumbai 400 002
    Tel no. 2201 2626
    --------------------

Furtados is exactly opp to that..

Musicians MALL is exactly opposite to Charni road station. (East) They have loads of Ibanez Guitars.....

3. siddharthb

siddharthb New Member

Thanks

Thanks for this info... Any Particular model you would recommend in Greg Bennets Avion and Fender Squiers... Also, how is Yamaha Pacifica 112.. any idea... I checked a review of Greg Bennets Avion AV1.. it was good... would i get it in Furtados
    please reply
    thanks again....

4. mymusicmyguitar

mymusicmyguitar Active Member

Check out the Avion AV3 model....The differences in these 2 models is that the Av1 has Bolt On Neck where as Av3 has Set Neck...Av3 has Grover tuners..
    Both seem to be good........PLay both .. see what u like ............
    Havent played Yamaha Pacific model....but hav read reviews about it and it seems like a good model as well........
    Greg Bennetts gives an amazingly clean tone............PLay it and feel it.....;-). Yeah Furtados hav got those...