help in buying a elec guitar,amp n a processor

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by abhishek_massey, Jun 23, 2006.

1. abhishek_massey

abhishek_massey New Member

hi ppl, i want to buy a new elec guitar,an amp n a processor...well i have never played elec guitar much..but being playing my acoustic guitar frm last 3 yrs..n i jus want it for my personal use...so can u sugest me sum elec guitar n a processor n a amp...have zero idea bout processors..my budget is around 12 grands or sum thing...it wud be jus for my personal use no professional stuff..so pls sugest me sumthing decnt n cheap..thanks

2. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

elec guitar ~ 3-4K
    elec guitar amp ~ 2-6K
    guitar FX processors ~4-8K

it would be roughly in that range.

Now if you wanna proceed further, we can tell about which "brands" to look out for.

3. abhishek_massey

thanx...i tried out zoom 505 it was gud was sum 4700 bucks..then an 25 w amp...hws givson elec guitars??? givson GS 1000...tried sum 3500 range but they didnt sound much good...can u suggest me sum guitar in the range of 4000 to 5500...

4. Iraqita_EP

Iraqita_EP New Member

try to get a second hand....i dun think ull get a good electric for 4000-5000k....an aria stg-03 is for 6500

5. abhishek_massey

well m jus a beginer wit elec guitar..played my signanature acoustic for last 3 yrs...n i jus want it for my hobby purpose...can u tell me sum more brands of elec guitar in this range...n hws zoom 505????

6. Swami_Maya

Swami_Maya New Member

Give Givson a try ...

I do alot of acoustic/vocal gigs. But I also play some tunes on my electric Givson. It will give you everything you need plus more. Action and tone is great. I paid $70US for the Givson on eBay.

7. apray

apray New Member

If you're going to do more bedroom guitaring, I dunno if you'll need a 25 W amp. 15 W should be enough according to me. Also, I would strongly suggest you save a bit and go for a better guitar - 4-5k guitars usually turn out to be lousy (I recently tried a few Givsons and found them terrible in terms of action and intonation). If you have a good quality guitar, you can later keep upgrading your amp and accessories.

8. nilu_nirvana

nilu_nirvana New Member

would suggest you stay clear of the givsons and try the aria stg series, the stg003 to be precise...
    and you can try out the korg ax10g also...in place of the zoom 505....the controls and tones are more versatile in the korg according to me

9. TheDevil

TheDevil Ruler of Hell

A pacifica wud be much better a 012 wud be best in ur budgest its a gr8 starter guitar...........IMO steer clear of Aria !!!....Oh n ffaaaaaaaaaaaaar from Givson Electrics.