Help - I'm a newbie

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by amit82cse, Jan 29, 2006.

1. amit82cse

amit82cse Silent observeR

So many times i have seen following comments on chords...

"looks good.. havent tried yet"

I want to know by just looking on the chords how can i make above statement.

2. rizaaj

rizaaj Forum Leader

dint really understand ur question...

i mean.. are you seriously asking or just making fun of such posts?

3. amit82cse

amit82cse Silent observeR

dude.. i am serious. i believe its an artist quality to evaluate the work without even trying it.

If a song is given to you on paper with written chords and you dont have guitar to play and check whether its perfect or not, is there any way you can still give feedback

4. anshphenomenon

anshphenomenon Rape me :boff:

i think we can make out a bit by looking at the chords..
    suppose,we have a song in G scale..then i think some of the ppl/guitarists may just be able to make out whether the chords are correct or not..

5. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

It depends. I can make out chord progressions of a few songs by just listening to them so I suppose you can often identify the sound of chords relative to each other....I can't usually identify the key of the song (unless there are open strings involved in the chords).

I can also sometimes make a song on paper using musical theory.....i.e.- figure out a chord progression which will probably sound good if played.

However, a lot of times with the comments you see on IGT it is usually someone too lazy to actually check your chords out and wanting to take the easy way out by acknowledging yet not verying your effort.

It takes a while to come....try and identify the colour of each open chord as you play it. That in itself helps a lot.

Also try and tune your guitar without using a tuner. I try and usually manage to tune with a range of E to plus minus half a step. It's like embedding the "E" note in your musical soul.

6. mr singh

mr singh New Member

its basicaly called perfect pitch, although most people probably dont have perfect pitch apart from the incredibly musicaly talented, the average person or those who hav a knack 4 music hav perfect pitch 2 an extent...
    now the question is what is perfect pitch:
    perfect pitch is the ability to name any note, chord or whtever else it may be, by just hearing it being played, and the ability 2 sing any note chord etc without hearing it prior 2 singin.
    i only no bout 7 people who possess such a fine tuned talent