HELP for Sony Handy Cam

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by sDEVs, Jul 24, 2007.

1. sDEVs

sDEVs Inventor

Hi friends,
    I have brought my Handy Cam from my home with an idea to shoot my Guitar songs & upload them on you tube. But, the Camera is too old model (1999) so it doesn't have a data cable or CD given for converting it into PC compatible files.

I wanted to know that is it possible to convert the tapes into PC files & upload them on Net.

If yes then which cable & which software?:help:

Please help.

Thanks.

Shri

2. vinay_bbitgzb

vinay_bbitgzb New Member

You have few options
    1)look for tv-video output in your handy cam and get compatible data cable for it and you can use tv tuner card for recording it to the pc.
    2)Use the tape with some other compatible handycam which has all the accesories,software is not an issue as you can search the same on internet(software Drivers for the handy cam).
    3)Motorola phones data cable are compatible of new sony handy cams(I don't know whether it will work with you model and make)
    4)Re record again the videos with a compatible one (Best option)

without the use of datacable i think it is impossible to tranfer the tape to PC(in my opinion),software you can easily search over internet.

3. Shreddy

Shreddy LaneyManeyResurrection

to split ur huge video (all ur recordings) use Sony Vegas

4. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Dude since your handy cam has analog out.

There would be three outputs:
    1. RF out : this is like normal TV cable. Coaxial
    2. AUD/VID out : this is standard for separate audio video
    3. S-VID out : this is again for videos, but has multi pin

Now all you need is to get a convertor, which will convert this to computer copatible signal. But there would be many complexities in this procedure to get audio also working, syncing with video etc.

If you video card allows AUD/VID in, then well and good. You can use a capture device to directly record. Most probably that wont be the case, because my nVidea doesn't have that.

What Vinay says seems to be the best bet.
    The RF out from your handy cam, can be connected to the TV card.
    Use the TV card recorder to record.

5. nilu_nirvana

nilu_nirvana New Member

there might be an USB cable with someone else with a handycam...just use windows movie maker along with the cable

6. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

^ But well I am pretty much sure that his handycam can not send digital signals as output.

Thats why it has only analog outs.

Besides in 1999, no one bothered buying USB devices (and firewire wasn't even in vogue)