Help: (Allah Ke Bande) Left hand Muting G Chord

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by ullu, Jun 24, 2005.

1. ullu

ullu Banned

Can experts here explain how to mute G chord etc with left hand to get percussive effect as in the song "Allah Ke Bande" how are the open strings muted?

2. shak

shak Harrr!

i havent heard the song ... but i think lightly barring the index and shoudl mute the strings .. or you can use the right hand palm... thats the better of two

3. ullu

ullu Banned

thx sharukh for your advice. I will wait for more expert advice on the 'chuck' sound made by left hand muted strumming. And hopefully finger positions in the muted chord especially Open G and C. Does right hand muting create same sound?

thx again

4. dharmatma

dharmatma Banned

theres a search button ..use it.
    palm muting,muting chords have been done before and explained.

5. ullu

ullu Banned

i need help on muted finger positions with chords G and C when fret hand muted rather than lengthy technical discussions. Anyone to help? i know the technical explanation. thx dharmatma.

6. LEFTY_GUITARIST

LEFTY_GUITARIST -= M®. §öU†|-|ÞäW =-

i use palm mute in allah ke bande:grin:

7. stoned_survival

stoned_survival New Member

u can just raise ur left finger(barre/index finger) a bit as u play -such that the strings dont press tightly on the frett for a small time --that gives the "chuck"sound u talked abt :)

8. ullu

ullu Banned

thx stoned.

is it 555785 and 557755 used in beginning of the song 'allah ke bande'. and do i have to lift completely the other two fretting fingers or only slightly just as with index/barring finger to reproduce that chuck? thx again for apt reply

9. sayanakaharry

sayanakaharry Forum Leader

when you lift the fingers u will find it easier to lift them as an unit dont lift the fingers other than the barring finger totally off the string. just hold the chord without applying much pressure so that fingers stay in light contact with the string. and yes, the muting in allah ke bande is TOTALLY a left hand technique.

10. ullu

ullu Banned

thx to all who helped. Yes it is totally left hand muting technique. Not right as some said