Hello Everyone..

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Vinee, Nov 7, 2011.

1. Vinee

Vinee New Member

I m Vinee, music lover. Now i m planning to learn guitar.
    Please Suggest which guitar should i purchase?????
    My friends prefer Givson for beginning..
    What should i do?????????

2. Sumanovo razor

Sumanovo razor New Member

whats your budget...i will never support for givson and grason...go for granada,pluto, or if you wanna go with indian brands go with yemaha...yes with an 'e'...they are the only indian brands which i like but then as you said you are a beginner i wont suggest you them...go for a semi acoustic guitar...the one with f shape holes .you will find them comfortable...dont worry about pickups and all you can play with a mic also...or else later you can buy some pickups...hope you enjoy playing guitar as i do...(playing guitar for 5yrs own 3 guitars)

3. Vinee

Vinee New Member

I wanna guitar within 3k-4k coz i dont knw how long i'll stick on it.
    Buying an expensive guitar as a beginner is nt worth as i hv heard..
    Confussed...........???????????

4. Sumanovo razor

where do you stay...as you are a beginner dont buy online...i will suggest you to go to your nearest guitar shop with an experienced guitarists and play a bunch of them...ultimately its you whos going to buy the guitar...if you dont like any guitar from a shop then leave that shop...its not necessary that you have to buy from a shop which you have entered...seeing your budget i will say buy a guitar without electronics...as in pickups ...they will be cheaper..dont go for jumbo. Ones they sound good but the body size will not suit a beginner...again dont go for givson and grason ...i know there are many of them who own these...they are cheap as well as pathetic...go for pluto,signature,granada,they will come under your budget...get a cutaway guitar that will help you to play solos easily...you can also go for a dreadnought...dont buy classical nylon string guitars..they have nylon strings on them which you will like but they are strictly used for classical and flamenco music for purist's like me:)...

5. Vinee

Vinee New Member

I m in kota, we dont have good musical instruments shop here or may be not in my knowledge, my friends who play guitar they get it form delhi or jaipur.
    Should i go there or take my friend's semi acoustic guitar which he is offering to lend me cause he have 3 at present....???

6. Sumanovo razor

i would say ...take your friends guitar learn for a month or two...and then buy a guitar...have seen many people including my sister who buy guitars just for show and after learning a bit put them aside...till that time i suppose you will be able to collect more money...and you will know whether you really wanna learn guitar or not...