Have you been sucked into the Kolaveri soup song hype?

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by srrm, Nov 23, 2011.

?

Have you been sucked into the Kolaveri hype?

1. Yes

8 vote(s)
    80.0%
  2. Nope

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
  1. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

"GAH!" at this thread.

2. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

"HAGGAH!" at this thread. .. Fixed !!! :]

3. ukuleleding

ukuleleding New Member

I like it...and I even think the guy's voice is semi-***y :)

4. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

ROFLOL.
    True.

Last night, one dud: hey you heard this Kolivada song (Kolivada = konkani style of making dishes like prawns etc)
    I said no.
    He said - you must - its a great song ...
    I asked what is so great about the song
    He said - well its received millions/billion of hits on youtube - so it must be great
    I asked do YOU like the song?

He said - don't know but since everyone is liking, it must be good ...

5. anisha_astrolog

anisha_astrolog New Member

that was actually a ridiculous reason to like the song. either like or don't, but don't go with the herd.

6. nandy0894

nandy0894 New Member

is it a real biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig issue..if i don't really like it?
    well i don't..!

7. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Yeah, and that's why the song has got millions of hits ... ?

8. Morbid_Angel

Morbid_Angel Sid the sloth

this generation is mislead.

9. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

Really? Because as far as I know, that is exactly how any trend/song/fashion, i.e. consumer product, becomes popular. The vast majority of music listeners are not very discerning.

Looking back at that statement, I shouldn't call them listeners. Consumers is an apt term.

10. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

I hate this age of effing consumerism - and the hordes of idiot consumers.

11. Morbid_Angel

12. thehundredthone

Those pages are quite badly written.

13. Morbid_Angel

...and would you bother to elaborate on why you think so if you've already made the effort of reading those pages?

14. thehundredthone

Just my opinion. I don't like the overly opinated tone and all-out (American) "I hate everything and I'm always right" style of writing. And yes, it is a blog, I don't have to read it if I don't like it, etc.

15. Morbid_Angel

oh well in that case it doesn't seem right that you said "this is quite badly written" considering that gives off vibes of the articles being objectively bad. but if that's your personal opinion then i see where you're coming from..it's mainly a humor site so yeah some appreciate it, some don't.

16. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Can't open from office.

Internet Advisory

This website is blocked due to its current content categorization: "Violence/Hate/Racism;Blogs/Personal Pages;Humor/Jokes"

The website that you are attempting to access is currently categorized as "Violence/Hate/Racism;Blogs/Personal Pages;Humor/Jokes" in the Blue Coat WebFilter website categorization database.

17. Morbid_Angel

hahaha sucks. get your ass back home and read it tho if you have the time

18. thehundredthone

It's badly written means that the article is bad. It's an analysis of the writing style. I'm unaware of any objective criteria for the same. My opinion, is of course, my personal opinion, as is everyone else's (except the sheep who just repeat what they hear). A poor analogy to explain my point of view would be that this is like South Park - and I'd much rather watch The Simpsons.

19. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

I spoke too soon, these days its this song which is ON at the gym - because all the news channel and Pee channels have hyped it.
    Yesterday the same ppl were against, and today the same crowd is passionate about it ...

20. komal29

komal29 New Member

i love Kolaveri Di..I dont know about the techinical aspects of the music,or the voice of actor turned singer Dhanush[huh! now they are going to take off even singers from work,after models,dancers etc]..it just makes me groove on spot.thats enough..:)..However both Dhanush and Anirudh need to eat food ..I have absolutely no idea why Shruthi Haasan was shown standing in front of mic ready to sing in the video when she hasnt sung in it[as per my knowledge..did she?]..LOL!

I have to add,releasing Kolaver Di on MTV [of course by giving money..Rajnikanth has lots of it] is the cleverest marketing strategy till date by any regional movie producers in India.The hype of the song will arouse curiosity about the movie at national level ..maybe international level too[i dunno who made those japanese people aware of the tamil song!]..In that sense first time director/producer Aishwarya Dhanush should be given a pat on the back.She is determined to make the movie a success..