Hang Him Not Release Him

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by Menon, Dec 10, 2004.

1. Menon

Menon New Member

I hope this header gets your attention!!
    I was just shocked to hear abt Dimebag Darrell's death..arguably one of the most amazing guitarists to tread this planet..so that set me thinkin abt the killer..and what would've happened had he not been shot dead..
    There's this little tale I'd like to share with the rest of you like minded ppl..it goes like this..
    There was this felon, well he was being tried for a crime he didn't commit and after hearings and deliberations, the judge decided he wasn't guilty, so in his parchment, he wrote: Hang Him Not, Release him. and broke his nib! but the scribe sitting right under the judge's nose wrote, Hang Him, Not Release him!! And he was duly hanged..jus goes to show small things, like in this case, a comma, matter!!
    WHich brings me to the point of this thread..capital punishment. You think it's going to help? personally, I feel not cos the very fact that it's been in practise since time immemorial and still crime rears it's ugly head almost every day in this decade, proves that neither does it provide solace to the victimised and his/her near and dear ones, nor does it daunt criminals or potential ones!! It think the justice system would be better off adopting something like what the swedes do..it's reformation as against retribution!!
    SO there!!
    Cheerio
    Menon :cool:

2. esgallindeion

esgallindeion Minstrel Knight

All I'll say is to quote one of my very favourite quotes -

3. dharmatma

dharmatma Banned

dude ...that guy was killed by the police on location ...

4. esgallindeion

Aaah dharmatma... read properly. ;)

5. dharmatma

dharmatma Banned

ooops sorry....i guess im still teary eyed...
    man i still cant believe that dimebags gone...

6. jayanth

jayanth <.: : Call Quits : :.>

I guess he was already kiled.. Sorry Menon.. I wanted him to be tortured till he lives...

7. jayanth

Also What About Christiano Junior's Death?? Mohun Bagan's Keeper Paul(Subrato) Sucks and has a bad Sport attitude..

8. esgallindeion

And I must repeat myself..

Aaah jay... read properly. ;)

9. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

so is the killer dead or not?

violence breeds violence..

pantera fans are not really the no guns no war love and peace kinds...
    geez i wonder why...

10. DesiPride143

DesiPride143 BEHAVE!

yes...jayswami..the killer is indeed dead....shot on the spot...

hey did you guyz know that at his funeral...people were leaving beer packs, and weed....

11. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

have u noticed.. 2 kinds of people are most likely to be assasinated..
    the really peaceful-- john lennon, gandhi etc..

or the really violent..

Nothing against poor dimebad darrel mayy his soul RIP...
    but I think I now have a problem with the heavy metal genre and its fans in USA.

India is a different ball game, the demograph that becomes heavy metal fans.. school kids from bangalore pune etc... they have totally different views and lifestyle from their american counterparts...

I really do have a problem with the gun culture and rap music fans and heavy metal psychos here in usa. not good for the society.

12. esgallindeion

Is this some kind of conspiracy against me?? To make me repeat myself countless number of time to read the first post properly. ;)

Ok, for those who are too lazy to scroll up -

Menon wants us to discuss whether capital punishment is a good option or not. And whether India should opt for a policy of reformation of criminals.

Please discuss about Dimebag in the couple of threads dedicated to him.

13. jayanth

I know Essi.. Thats Why i mentioned Christiano's case..

14. esgallindeion

Well, ok. I think reformation is better. Because no one has the right to kill anyone no matter how hideous a crime he committed. But sometimes situations emerge when capital punishment is neccessary. But its hard to set down laws for men to judge when the situation demands capital punishment. And so I think its better to abolish capital punishment in most levels of the judiciary, except maybe the International Court.

15. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

I think capital punishment is stupid. These days death sentences are carried out by lethal injection in most countries which is practically painless. It's like going off into a deep sleep. Even if electric chairs or hanging is used, the sentenced usually suffers for just a few minutes before he/she dies (in case of the electric chair, the amperage causes almost instant unconciousness). Comparatively, life in prison is much more torturous. Can you imagine being in a cell for the rest of your life (in some cases is about 50 or 60 years if a person being convicted is between 30 and 40). 50 years in a cage. Can you imagine that? One would probably go insane long before his sentence is done. That's why capital punishment has to go and life in prison without parole has to be made the most severe punishment for convicts.

16. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

revenge is a very sad and unwanted human emotion, and we should try to eliminate it from our system. taking away a life shouldnt be an option in my opinion.