Gurgaon Riots... wat do u think?

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by light_of_erindi, Jul 26, 2005.

?

do u think police was right in beating up the pritesters?

1. hell ya...they asked for it!!

4 vote(s)
    57.1%
  2. no... this is the modern Jaalian walla Baug!!

3 vote(s)
    42.9%
  1. light_of_erindi

light_of_erindi New Member

@souman....i've always felt a little communist undertones in bengali people's opinions ...i don't know why!!...LOLZ...don't take it personally....

but u see this was an attempt to disrupt law and order...DSP's both hands were fractured...the protestors later started using children as shield and again attacked police the next day...even women..!!...man ...even the DCP was muscled around...while the number of policeman injured r not much but remember...these r the police...NOT ordinary people...they r responsible for maintaining law and order...and intimidating them demands very seriuos action...

and as for the "innocent" protestors...don't even get me started...there's never a valid motive behind such acts...my father's been a manager since i can remember and i have seen the lowest tricks used by the unions to get their unreasonable demands thru...even assasination attempts!...Most of them r sure to be backed by either the mafia...or the local politicians....count on it..this has NEVER failed to be true....the police r well aware of this..so they have to be stern.

well according to the latest reports...72 of the miscreants were NOT related to HONDA...now say what?...innocent victims eh?....

2. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

so erindi ... my hypothesis was correct ...
    some "foreign hand" was involved ...

3. koolstrum

koolstrum The Chosen One

Great thoughts dude. Yes i partially agree with the guys favouring te police. but the police is just a social servant and well known that these policeman never stick to the policies they are torturers. give them rs 5000 and they will lift the guy ,u envy, and will beat him after getting him naked on ice. and no one always stick to law. mind it . no ONE . well about the guys who were protesting, they are some real stupid human being who believe that they can change the rules and policies of mnc's by some stupid protest. most of them must've learnt their lesson. women n children as shield are outcome of minds who think they are smart but they are really timid helpless feelin guys who wanna make it big. Well the bottom line : THE MOTIVES OF BOTH THE PARTYS MAY BE CORRECT BUT NOT THE SERIES OF ACTION. not in the least.

4. dlogic

dlogic Zuitarist

cant belive the police are lossing the poll

5. dlogic

dlogic Zuitarist

is it possible to put a thrid option .......the capitalist???????

6. souman_das

souman_das New Member

hi light of erindi,
    friend what you call communism, i call it a way of life.
    friends believe me or not but these MNC's are here to maximise their profit.
    and all the CSR's(corporate social responsibilities) that you see is all a marketing gimmick.
    i am myself an MBA and i have watched closely how they operate. they do not give a damn thought to the so called CSR's.
    i have been working with several NGO's and have seen the plight of UP's Dalit's,chattisgarh's tribals and murshidabad's(W.B.) dying children due to unavailabilty of food.

do you know why these MNC's are flocking towards india now.
    this is not a new phenomenon,
    english men came to India in 1601,dutch,portuguese all were there in india before.
    it is beacuase of india's endowments of factors like cheap and abundant labour,availabailty of raw materials, products for a very large maret etc.
    and when these endowment factors get's reduced,these MNC's move towards some other countries.
    i am not against any MNC or capitalism,but what i am suggesting that pampering them too much or over dependence over them will again lead to the same plight what we experienced prior 1947.

anyway,i still say what policeman did was not correct and this is a clear case of human rights violation.
    we all saw how policeman made the workers hold their ears and made them sit down.

now coming to the financial state of HMSI,i personally investigated the financial state of HMSI.
    HMSI began production in 2004 with 4 models like Honda Unicorn,Honda Activa etc.
    it now captures around 25-30% of the total Two-wheeler annual sales.
    profit after tax(PAT) for HMSI has risen 35% for this financial year compared to last finacial year.
    the problem is that they are going for a major expansion plan and are planning to increase their manufacturing capacity in their plant at manesar,gurgaon.
    they wanted to finace their expansion plans by their internal accrual rather than external assistance.
    what the workers wanted was some chunk out of their PAT's.
    this was the point where there was conflict between the workers and the HMSI.
    this is the management's decision and i have no problem with that.

but what i objected to is the inhumane treatment of the workers by the police and sympathesizing with the police that what they did was a true gesture of self-defence.

anyway this is my opinion and it is quite possible that you may not like my arguments because you call my way of life, 'communism'.

regards,
    souman

7. light_of_erindi

light_of_erindi New Member

dude u took it the wrong way....i don't have any objections to ur ideologies....i myself am not a big fan of either communism OR capitalism....

the point was...most of the guys arrested had nothing to do with Honda....they were just miscreants....even i know that workers r not stupid enough to attack the police....the moment i saw the police being attacked i knew something was wrong...

nevertheless...getting back to the point...the police KNOW that in most of the cases the attackers r hired miscreants...so they have to be strict.....in the process some genuine activists also get claubered...but that's the risk the police have to take to get things under control....

cheers...:)