Guitars between 10k-15k

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by ballzofsteel, May 23, 2008.

1. ballzofsteel

ballzofsteel New Member

Okay....here's the deal guys.....I started off with a 6k budget and got myself a sucky Comet strat copy with a crappy amp to top it all.....with a rp50 processor...(what an i idiot ....i know :p)...okay so....I'm planning to rid myself from that guitar....I'm an intermediate guitarist .....like I've almost topped the Rockschool grade 2(for those who don't know about it...don't bother :) )....So I'm looking for a saaaaxxxx baaaaamb guitar around 15k.....I mostly play Metallica,Megadeth,Iron maiden,AC/DC,Dream Theater and stuff like that.....and i don't like strat copies....ummm so....suggestions please?

2. ballzofsteel

ballzofsteel New Member

One more thing.....has anybody tried the Greg Bennete Avion Av3?

3. NoneSoVile

NoneSoVile New Member

4. ballzofsteel

ballzofsteel New Member

Hmmm.....I've never tried a seven string guitar.....any other 6 string please?

5. arunthegr8

arunthegr8 New Member

well i own a fender squire affinity strait n its nt bad for 10.5k...

but since u can go upto 15k u can opt for a washburn n1 nuno caster signature seires for 13k if u want trem... or else washburn anarchy series for around the same price... n believe me it looks real cool...

6. satch_attack

satch_attack New Member

rg 321mh...its 15.5k at bajaao..

7. wheelzkidd

wheelzkidd New Member

Rockschool...? Are there exam centres in India...?

Or are u talking about guitars between 10k to 15k sterling...?

8. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

rg321mh .. u can get it for 15K

9. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

yes there are many exam centres for rockschool and trinity..

10. ballzofsteel

ballzofsteel New Member

Yeah.....there are exam centers in India....I gave it from the "Parikrama school of Music".......and guys....need an opinion on the Greg Bennete avion av3....has anyone tried that?.....i tried the av1 and it sounded better than the ibanez....such a crisp sound man...

11. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

sound is a personal choice.. justr go to a shop and buy whatever u think sounds best for u..
    @ av3- i havnt played the av3 but the av6 is awsome.. u can get it for 16.5-17.. check that out..

12. ballzofsteel

ballzofsteel New Member

Any idea where i can get one in Delhi?

13. wheelzkidd

wheelzkidd New Member

hey.. can u tell me more about rockschool exam centers in india.. or more specifically in b'lore..? i'd really love a certificate in guitar..

14. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

The Greg Bennets are really good guitars but not really suited for metal...you wont get the same bite as from the ibanez Rg321 with palm muting....

15. ballzofsteel

ballzofsteel New Member

See....actually i tried the ibanez guitars.....they weren't quite smooth or crispy than the greg bennete......yeah your right about the palm mute thing but i want an overall guitar and i think greg bennete achieves it......and @wheelzkid......i cant tell you about Bangalore but i can surely tell u centers in delhi....

16. wheelzkidd

wheelzkidd New Member

yes plz.. tell me centers in delhi.. including their contact nos/email..

ur help is greatly appreciated..

17. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

Parikrama school of music.. Delhi school of music..

18. ballzofsteel

ballzofsteel New Member

Yeah i just know parikrama school of music....its in hauz khas village check it out

19. ozone

ozone New Member

which is the cheapest greg bennet guit/..?? value for money..??

20. zak*wylde

zak*wylde New Member

You should try Ibanez 321MH......and if you do play Metal you SHOULD get urself a guitar with humbuckers (they'll give you a fat tone which is gud for heavy distortion)