Guitars and ***ism

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by Petunia, Mar 30, 2008.

1. Petunia

Petunia terminally dorky

gosh. im glad some of you are taking part in this.. but its sad how not one girl has made herself heard here.. is it because there arent any left on igt?

@elfascinating: you seriously outta be thankful i dont live anywhere close to you. its thick skinned men like you that make us women realise that we are the stronger *** in this equation. I would have beat your ass til the moon shone through your freakin hole.
    To believe in your shit, a man would have to be mentally challenged..and even that is an insult to his intelligence.

@alpha1: im so damn glad you said that, hun. Because I completely agree with you. Women have been taught, traditionally to be respectful and answerable to society.. their actions and behavior and character make up who they are in society. Playing the guitar and exploring ideas deemed alien and perhaps even "unacceptable" for a girl...its being a rebel. Perhaps.. im coming on wrong, but i cant seem to express myself correctly today.

As for the nails..as crazy as it may sound.. i know some of my friends who have questioned me about my nails and for me its no big deal...i just keep my strumming nails, well manicured and short.

But bottom line: i think society has played a big role in the 'discouraging" of women playing and exploring new ideas and hobbies. And its not fair.

i dont care whether girls just dont care for it..but there should be encouragement. There should be acceptance of the fact that making something of yourself or exploring new hobbies and finding confidence is very important to an individual's life.

And beheading should still allowed: number one candidate: elfascinating. :annoyed:

2. elfascinating

elfascinating risqué

@Rahul. I think you're just incapable of coming up with a healthy argument that you had to resort to calling me a dodo. Wow. I'm really insulted by that.

@Pet .. Why? What's wrong in what I said?
    Don't you think it IS true that men are biologically and naturally better and more effective in doing arguably all the things?

I didn't say (or did I?) that women SHOULD be extinct. It's just that men are naturally well equipped at doing things and their Achilles heel is they're insane for ***. Horny.

Do you want me to say Females are better than men in doing all the things? Sure. But Just take any field and see the ratio of men v women on the top of the ladder.

3. Petunia

Petunia terminally dorky

^^ ok. you know what? you have absolutely no argument. So you have an egotistical drunk discussion with a few of your friends about which *** is better..and you just need to show your two paise..

we WERE NOT DISCUSSING WHICH *** WAS BETTER OR WORSE.

I dont care whether you said women SHOULD OR SHOULDNT be extinct.
    Actually come to think of it, had we been extinct .. i think women would have gotten the better share of things. :cool:

Your whole attitude of "not having a purpose for women" is just BULLSHIT. And im not afraid to say it.. you and men like you.. need a life. And a little pin poked in your hot air balloons is what you guys need right now.. because thats when you'll realise how ridiculous your mentality sounds.

And for your freakin information comparing men and women in the working field is not and should not be your only defense weapon. Why should i look at any field? You take any real life situation..and a woman is bound to be more realistic, rational and sensible ..

Now go away.. this thread wasnt made for minds like yours. And I dont intend on wasting my time on you..

4. eightytwo

eightytwo New Member

Just a small clarification... when you say men are better at everything they do, I'm sure it includes s3x as well... so do you prefer your hands over a woman? Or maybe a man over a woman? Afterall, you do think men are better at it than woman, right?

5. anshphenomenon

anshphenomenon Rape me :boff:

@notty-there are loads of fields where a women kicks a man's ass.
    really sad to see u have such opinions.and whatever suppression of women u have today is cause people having a mentality like yours.
    look at the pepsico CEO for that matter, and many more such people.

6. eightytwo

eightytwo New Member

who's notty?

7. Petunia

Petunia terminally dorky

@ eightytwo: thats who elfascinating was in his previous IGT life.. before he made a freakin fool of himself. he had to come back as someone else.. unfortunately for him.. we recognized his perverse and immature ways..
    bad habits die hard :cool:

8. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

I think it's the girls who under-estimate themselves. They have the potential to play like guys do, but, they only learn it and do not apply it. May be they fear to perform on stage. Who knows?

9. Petunia

Petunia terminally dorky

or maybe they arent encouraged to play ... at all?

"what are you going to do playing the guitar?"
    "thats not going to help you have a family?"
    "where's the money for such foolish dreams?"
    "sit at home and be good-for thats whats going to help you get a proper future"

sound familiar?

g0g0l likes this.
  10. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

Well said. But... Why don't they answer those questions? DO they know the answer themselve ?

11. Petunia

Petunia terminally dorky

ok when i say "they" .. i refer to the girls

when you say "they" im assuming you referring to the parents..

and if thats the case.. then they obviously think a guitar is an investment not worth considering and a foolish past time. its not going to make a woman any better at her "goals and responsibilities" as a woman, right?

12. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

^^^^ Noooo... I am referring to the girls. I meant to say, if anyone has a clear answer in his or her mind, he or she can answer any sort of questions, but, here, they are not sure if they can continue to play... isn't it?? C'mon you need determination to do anything in your life. Nothing is there called a free lunch....

13. Petunia

Petunia terminally dorky

No and im not saying, its free..but think about it...girls dont have it as well as you guys do. Its easier to put us girls straight and say we arent thinking right or we living senseless..

for guys, its typical almost acceptable to be aggressive..so for you guys to fight for something is natural..

its harder for women.

But its not the case with everyone.. it also depends on the parents and the lifestyle you lead. Im not deeming every desi child with this.

I got it different. My parents saw my passion..and they encouraged. They didnt push me to strive..they just gave me the green light and i took the chance.

Some people dont get that lucky. And some get real lucky.

14. anshphenomenon

@petunia:i guess if they are not encouraged enough to play, then perhaps they themselves shd find their own motivation and play?

iam sure they can do it.

15. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

^_^very true... I agree with petunia... But stilll.... "Wake UP"...... if there is will, there is a way....

16. anshphenomenon

there shd then perhaps be a change on the parental mindsets.

17. elfascinating

elfascinating risqué

@eightytwo: If you include *** in the picture the whole equation changes right. I was talking of men without the urge for ***.

@Pet .. It's funny how much you're affected by a single post of mine. Why would you even care if you don't give a damn?

and quoting you "You take any real life situation..and a woman is bound to be more realistic, rational and sensible .. "

Not only are you tetchy but you also have a good sense of humor : )

I still stick to my post though. Men are better than women when it comes to almost all fields. You look around anywhere and you'll get the answer.

I also mentioned that exceptions are always there but check the significant stats will ya?

18. elfascinating

elfascinating risqué

@ansh .. well just by looking down at me and showing your disgust, you're showing that reasoning is not a trait in your books is it?

EDIT: All of you, I'm not pigheaded. Instead of showing your disgust .. why don't you just reason with me?

19. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

Do effeminate males count? If so, we have BJR, and his mad skilz.

20. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

I am touched :')

I hereby dedicate my next project to you:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XVVZPefbR4

what skilz though?