Guitar Suggestions

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by ayu135, Dec 15, 2011.

1. shailm

shailm New Member

Not true at all. Peerless, the company that made Epiphones for Gibson in Korea in the 90's, make some seriously good stuff. They are probably nicer than the cheaper USA made Gibsons these days.

Also with you're budget you can and should get a tube amp. From what I've heard of the Vox AC15vr, is not supposed to be that good, though im sure you can go check it out at Furtados

2. ayu135

ayu135 New Member

^yeah but that is the exception rather than the rule.

Thanks for the replies guys.

Vader, why no to prs se custom 24? I have heard only praise for it everywhere. That ok amp comment was in reply to the suggestion for buying amp under 10k. I agree toalmost everything you say, except greg bennett the av6 and the tr3 are good. I am inclined now towards a godin freeway cl or exit 22 with vypyr 75 around 52k but anyway I'm going to bargain for atleast 10-15% discount. I am going to stay at Thane so will segno be worth checking out?
    Furtados has dissapointed me completely they have nothing in stock no good guitars, no decent amps. Musicians mall only has the s series and nothing else.
    Ibanez S I'm not too sure, I love the guitar but the locking trem is bugging me. It is high maintainance, tuning it itself is hard so it may not be good now when I plan toexperiment a lot.
    I'm not going for tube because I don't know what tone I'm after, I will try a few out on the vypyr and then get a nice half stack maybe a few years from now when I'm more confident about what I want

3. mymusicmyguitar

mymusicmyguitar Active Member

Do check out Bhargavas Its opposite to Inorbit mall, Malad. they stock Godin and Suhr guitars. I have seen a few Parkers as well over there.

4. ayu135

ayu135 New Member

^bhargavas is my first choice, they are the only ones that stock godin so I thought you might guess i was already considering bhargavas. They have tthe most guitars in this price range and almost all the amps and some boutique stuff too.

5. deepsal

deepsal New Member

IF you want to experiment get the pod hd300/500 whichever is in your budget with hd202 headphones thank me later
    enuff said now its upto you
    i was the one who planted the vypyr virus here so...

6. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

What does "suit us" mean? Are you talking about playability or looks?
    Even through a crap amp? I'm pretty sure I'd enjoy playing a Pacifica through a good tube amp just as much if not more.
    And amps are?
    How do you upgrade an amp? Are you going to switch out the capacitors?
    John Petrucci must be an idiot playing basswood guitars then.

20k Schecter and Ibanez guitars are no better or worse.

All the versatility in the world is of no value unless you are as versatile as a player. There's no point buying a modeller which can do Marshall, Fender, Mesa Boogie, Vox, etc if you intend on playing just a handful of songs that require those sounds. A modelling amp isn't of much use live either, without it's controller footswitch. That being said, the old guitar into amp thing only goes so far, effects are often required.

The Vypyr 75 weighs 20kg, you might want to keep that in mind too. 30W pushing a 10" is enough to jam with a drummer, beyond that it's down to personal preference and budget.

If you're not sure about what tones you like, why not pick up a cheap Zoom G2.1nu or Digitech RP350 and play around with that instead? It will be useful live too. Play it through a PA/keyboard style amp for when you want it loud. You will have a hard time selling off your old gear at a reasonable rate, in India.

7. guitarplayer729

guitarplayer729 New Member

you had said it about the vypyr 30
    +why do you wanna crank it up
    for that buy a tube amp(it wud be better i think)

8. guitarplayer729

guitarplayer729 New Member

also after 3 months u wud find problems with your 30k guitar too
    because desire never ends(if there is money or not)

9. ayu135

ayu135 New Member

Deepsal hahaha oh yeah I forgot you have the exclusive rights for vypyr :p But seriously though I already knew about them before I came here. Again please think what my needs are, have i asked that I only want somethin with loads of tones? I want it to be loud, with loads of features and great tone and should fall in my budget. Will the pod suffise? And btw I already own sennheiser hd595 headphones.

Hundrethone I'll reply in detail later but in short the processors sound crap

I'll reply more tomorrow gotta sleep now

10. Sumanovo razor

Sumanovo razor New Member

+1 to thehundredthone...learning how to play a guitar is the most important thing...slash would play a greg bennet av6 better than any of us...

11. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

Who doesn't?

The Vypyr is hardly an Axe FX.

12. Sumanovo razor

Sumanovo razor New Member

@guitarplayer 729 you want him to buy a 120000...guitar so that it last a year...and stays problem free ;)

13. deepsal

deepsal New Member

:eek: processors are crap! Thats news to me
    even vypyr has a processor in its core so it should suck too
    and the axe...the axe fx is shit too omg thanks for enlightening me oh great douche

14. aryasridhar

aryasridhar New Member

IDK about the POD HD, But I use the HD202 Headphones, they are really neat for the price.

15. deepsal

deepsal New Member

yea but they are kinda bass heavy

16. ayu135

ayu135 New Member

I cannot really help but think you guys do give advice, but lots of it unnecessary. I mean I wanted an amp and you tell me to buy a pod. Then again you quote sentences out of context and fight over it. For example I said the processors sound crap and deepsal takes it out of context and interprets it that all processors are crap whereas ii was reffering to the ones hundrethone recommended

17. ayu135

ayu135 New Member

Thehundredthone yeah agreed the vypyr is no axe fx but who wants it? We were comparing the zoom and the digitech with the vypyr and I think the vypyr is better. And to your question about upgrading the amp yeah we can switch the electronics but i'd rather switch the tubes or the speaker first. And I'm sure amps around the 15k mark are decent enough and it will be wiser to invest in a better guitar as there is a major jump in 25k to 30k range in quality, one won't get such a drastic improvement in the 20-22k range in the amps. Also not everyone has the same needs for example if I wanted a practice amp I will not want a loud one and if I am also sure what tone I'm after ill get one with that specific one instead of something with loads of features. I would like to point out further that the distortion and overdrive on the vypyr are analogue hence it sounds better than other modellers.

18. mymusicmyguitar

mymusicmyguitar Active Member

Isn't it fun to gain extra knowledge?? ... :p

19. Vader

Vader New Member

In case you overlooked it
    keep weight of the amp into mind
    its a pain to carry a 75W amp around

also i lost track
    do u mean this guitar?
    PRS 25th Anniversary Custom 24 Smoked Amber Electric Guitar - Electric Guitars - Buy online at the guaranteed lowest price in India - BAJAAO - India - BAJAO - Buy and Review Musical Instruments, Pro Audio, Studio, P.A. Audio Equipment
    check prices in online reviews to confirm if its the same guitar they are talking about

People tend to recommend PRS just because of brand power
    also dont go as per what the shop owners say cause they have a higher margin in PRS guitars as compared to Parker/Ibanez etc
    but i'm not PRS bashing, they are in fact one of my fav brands
    and if u had 55k just for a guitar i would be recommending PRS!!

however i am very skeptical about the lower end guitars these more expensive brands made
    but there is a huge positive point here which i am noticing now... instead of releasing it under a lower quality brand name like squire/epiphone/ltd they are sticking to theirs so it *could* be an excellent buy
    I havent seen this guitar on display anywhere though so let me know

also ignore the kids talking about guitar skills
    versatility of a player and versatility of a guitar are completely different things

also i'm pro processors :p

so in short find a PRS 24 and play for yourself to see if you like it...
    also check out youtube sound tests

one very imp point since you stay in Thane have a talk with Auddie Dsouza(CiprianoMusic)
    also Furtados has gone Wayyyyy down in their service.. they took three weeks to return my guitar without repairs or servicing...
    therfore first try for Bhargavas cause they'll give you a bigger discount... second Segno...

20. Vader

Vader New Member

@deepsal
    I spoke of vypyrs in one of my first posts on IGT :p