Guitar Stores - Boutique level gear

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by Wampler Pedals, Oct 17, 2011.

1. Wampler Pedals

Wampler Pedals New Member

Good Afternoon,

I am hoping that someone can help me - I am looking to find out what is considered the best stores in India for high end guitar equipment, boutique level.

We are a boutique effects manufacturer and are looking for representation in India.

I hope you can help by suggesting the stores most suited to our product

Kind regards

Jason
    Wampler Pedals | Hand Made Custom Guitar Pedals | Boutique Effect Pedals | Home

2. deepsal

deepsal New Member

hey jason *wavey*
    furtado's and bhargavas music both based off mumbai are one of the best stores in india
    btw thumbs up for the triple wreck heard a lot about it and the clips are kickass too
    i want oneee but i am a broke :(

3. deepsal

deepsal New Member

i completely forgot to mention musicians mall also based off mumbai
    i have a request though try making wrampler pedals available at the same price as they are available in u.s
    we have to shell out 30-40% or sometimes even 50% more products of some companies like ehx/orange/esp etc
    on the other hand products of some companies like boss/peavey/ibanez are either available at exactly as the same price in u.s or at a slightly higher price
    i dont know the reason behind this but its a fact
    go to Home - BAJAAO - India - Buy and Review Musical Instruments, Pro Audio, Studio, P.A. Audio Equipment to check the validity of my statement
    i hope you understand every penny counts i think it depends upon dealer to dealer i would suggest that you guys go with musician's mall because they are official ibanez dealers
    and the make ibby products available at a slightly higher price
    on the other hand furtados are the official esp dealer and they sell esp guitars at almost 50% higher price for example a 800$ esp h1001 is available for 1200$ in india i had a gas for one but it immediatly died after i heard the price i hope its not the sane for wrampler pedals :)

4. Wampler Pedals

Thank you for your help. I will look into those store.

In all honesty, the pricing is set by the local guys - we do not have any say on the final price in the international market. Stores buy at the price that everyone else buys at all around the world, however, import duties and shipping have to be factored in. Then, if there is a distribution layer sitting between us and the retailer, each person tries to make a living thus sending the price up. It is unfortunate but that is the way it works sometimes. The companies you mentioned are lucky as they own their own worldwide distribution companies that makes it cheaper etc.

In researching dealers, I always try to find dealers who are going to play the game properly and make it as competitive as possible - however, with taxes and shipping, it will always be more expensive, always (I try to do direct as well to stores rather than distributors if possible). We do try to keep the price down as much as possible, we do not load the price for the international market, if anything, international dealers get it slightly cheaper in certain cases than the US does.

I will research those dealers now. You don't happen to have a web address for them do you..?

Regards

Jason

5. Super-Admin

Super-Admin Administrator Staff Member

Jason,

I've sent you a PM. Please do have a look at it and get back to me :).

Cheers.

6. deepsal

deepsal New Member

7. deepsal

deepsal New Member

8. deepsal

deepsal New Member

9. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

I remember an IndyGuitarist person - somehow connected to Brain Wampler (perhaps user ID at some guitar forum?) - more than half a decade back.
    Actually almost a decade back. Don't remember clearly.

You've come a long way (looking at the list of pedals) since then!

10. Wampler Pedals

Wehave come a long way since then, based on the incredible circuits that Brian produces we go from strength to strength. It's amazing for us to work hard at making the pedals that we think are great, only to release them and realise that other people think they are great also.

I have emailed those stores you suggested, thank you so much, I have also had an email from someone here so we can see what happens. We would love to be represented properly in India and give you all the opportunity to experience first hand the difference 1 pedal can make to your rig.

Please, feel free to contact me should you require any information about our products, you can find my email under the contact us section of our website.

Kind regards

Jason Wilding

11. shailm

shailm New Member

Musicians Mall sucks donkey balls. Really, horrendous service, the staff have no knowledge about their own products.
    Furtado's would be the best bet, they have stores in every major city, and i also believe they supply to a lot of other shops as well

12. deepsal

deepsal New Member

hey jason can i have triple wreck for free as a gift :p for helping you out

13. deepsal

deepsal New Member

another thing if things dont work out with em try
    -440hz(delhi)
    -briganza(kolkata)
    -roland pro music(kolkata)

14. Wampler Pedals

Very cheeky Deepsal, very cheeky..!!! ;)

15. Wampler Pedals

I hope that Furtados mail me back then Shailm..!! :)

16. shailm

shailm New Member

yeah, i hope so too. someone needs to start selling cool gear here (not only pedals). the only "boutique" pedal builders here i think are TRex and i think Xotic effects? They went through the store "Bhargava's Music". Also I think, they're the only store who also carry EHX stuff. I have no clue how they are doing.
    you should look into how Boss manage to keep their retail price relatively close to what they are available at in the States.
    maybe tie up with a builder here? have a budget line? something along the lines of "Vexter" series?

17. Wampler Pedals

The reason Boss are cheaper there is that they are mass produced in a dedicated facility somewhere in the far east, all ours are hand built in the USA and that is something that is never going to change, it's a fundamental principle of the company. We aren't going to do a budget range, the market is flooded with that anyway, we do what we do - hopefully people can see that if you want the best, you need to pay a little more for it. :)

I would love to see our products be available in India..!

18. shailm

shailm New Member

Well i didn't mean that you get your prices down to Boss', but try and explore why the difference between Boss pedals sold in India vs the Boss Pedals sold in the States isn't that high. Though, that also might have to do with Boss being a massive corporation-willingness to take on lower margins in favour of volume, etc etc.
    Best of Luck!

19. Wampler Pedals

I think it is because they are built, by machine, at a stupidly high volume. As they are also built in the Far East, import duties and shipping to the states is no different from India or anywhere else, that's why they give the impression of price unity. I would love to be able to have unity across the globe but once you take into consideration distributors, shipping and taxation for items leaving the states, it's much harder. It makes it difficult to compete, but then again, we aren't trying to compete with Boss, our units (in my opinion) are infinity better..!

20. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

i am not at all excited with Wampler or any other company selling boutique stuff here in India as stuff here is priced ridiculously high... But no doubt bout the quality of wampler pedals .. They are absolutely wondrous.. Good Luck !