Guitar <---> PC conections??

Discussion in 'Computer Forum' started by rizaaj, Oct 8, 2005.

1. rizaaj

rizaaj Forum Leader

Hey...

i have been trying to connect my guitar with my pc.. but it gives a lot of problem.. i know many people have discussed the problem of connecting the guitar to pc in many threads, and now u all will ask me to search :p: but i have a different kinda problem..

I connect the guitar to pc.. using a normal cable.. if i connect it to the 'Line In' port then i the out put from the speaker or volume of guitar while recording is very very low.. almost unhearable. And if I connect it to the 'Mic' port then i can hear the sound of guitar but that also low, and top three strings(the thick ones) are almost unhearable when i record, where as the last three are extra high :eek:: ..

My PC configuration
    P4 1.7 GHz
    192 MB RAM
    80 GB HardDisk
    Combo Drive
    Creative 5.1 Sound Blaster Sound card
    Omega 5.1 Desktop Theatre Speakkers

Guitar - Semi Electric/Acoustic

Please Suggest me some good softwares (if any) for distortion and effects

Thanks

2. rizaaj

rizaaj Forum Leader

Im expecting some replies here :eek::

3. sayanakaharry

sayanakaharry Forum Leader

the correct port is the mic port. if that using that port is giving you problems then maybe its the pickups of your guitar which is the villain here. maybe try plugging in another guitar thru the mic port and see if theres any difference. also check to see if you have any resident equalizer software running and if so alter its setings.

4. rizaaj

rizaaj Forum Leader

umm.. okay will go with another guitar.. but my guitar in Amp works fine.. but not in computer

5. taxyse

taxyse t3h.

dude ..the problem is that ur not using an amplifier.....
    better use a some amplfier simulator softwares like guitar Fx box 2.6 ( not the 3 ..that sucks big time..)...or revalver...or nething similar u can find

6. vini

vini Repeat Offender

thread will be moved to Computer Forum

7. jekyll

jekyll Banned

LOL

chuck everything ...
    1. do u have an amp?
    2. do u have a speaker? (usually the amp comes with a biult in speaker also)
    3. do u have a mic?
    4. if answer to all the three is yes then ust place teh mic in front of your speaker (1" - 6") <- depends on you anr record ...

:)

thats it ... u will record wha u hear ;) no sound level or tone problems ...

8. faiqrock

faiqrock XaiQ

hey bro
    u need a phono jack.... i attached the pic....u can see wht PHONO JACK is...ok
    1.guitar lead...put 1 guitar lead in ur guitar...and the second 1 put tht Plug in the phono jack...and thn put the phono jack in ur sound card...in BLUE port...ok...
    tht Blue port is Called LINE IN...k...now ur guitar is connected...thtz it...:)

9. .:SpY_GaMe:.

.:SpY_GaMe:. New Member

can i connect an electric guitar to my pc???

can i have more details abt that faiq

ie i wil not need an ampli if i use pc!

10. abhimanjrekar

abhimanjrekar ----&gt; Zhol-Man&lt;----

ya u can..i also had same probs as riazz..do this..connect ur guitar in the line wala plug,and ur mic and speaker in their respective ones..and keep settin as micropone..and record..and don froget the phone jack..ya..it wokrs atleast for audacity my place..try this..it mite work ...

11. sridhar11_2

sridhar11_2 Instrumental guitarist

If you're using the mic port then go to Volume Control - in mic see advanced and enable 20dB boost. That's how i used my guitar on the comp before i got a processor. The sound you'll get will be good enough to play and hear all the strings clearly.

12. m_waleed86

m_waleed86 KhaMosh GhuStAk

turn your guitar vol to the full.....i have to keep my guitar vol to 10 ...less than that and icant hear anything...and yup you need a phone jack too....also keep the speaker's vol. high.....and the boost thing gives a lot of distrubance for me ( shhhhh..shhhhhh song....even though no mics attached)

13. faiqrock

faiqrock XaiQ

han yaar u can connect i m having a softwere ReValver....
    its an AMP for guitar in computer;) its an softwere u can download the DEMO version but i m having the FULL version...
    it rocks...so add me dj_hot1@hotmail.com...
    i will give it 2 ya...n i will also tell u the complete method of connecting guitar with computer..ok bye

14. .:SpY_GaMe:.

emails are not allowed
    pm him the mail link if u want him to add u on msn!!

15. faiqrock

faiqrock XaiQ

16. rizaaj

rizaaj Forum Leader

@faiq.. posting of email addresses is not allowed here at IGT

.:SpY_GaMe:. likes this.
  17. .:SpY_GaMe:.

@ faiq

hey i am not a typist or sth such

so SORRY for the errors i make in the spellings n when i type its usally less than 5 second coz cant afford to waste time...................

thanks

18. faiqrock

faiqrock XaiQ

ya but u hv given me BAD REPS:(:(:(
    its ok yarr....

19. .:SpY_GaMe:.

i thought u kept posting ur email id (ie even after i have told u not to do so) but later realised the typing mistake

will spread some first then give u some good reps
    sorry

20. faiqrock

faiqrock XaiQ

Alrite thnxxx...bye

rizaaj likes this.