Guitar patches help required

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by apratim.mitra, Feb 10, 2005.

1. apratim.mitra

apratim.mitra You can call me apro

hey guys

i need some help regarding patches for some songs that we plan to play in the near future ... the songs are as follows ...

1) Pink Floyd - Numb
    2) DT - Spirit Carries On
    3) Iron Maiden - Wicker Man
    4) Ozzy - Mama i'm coming home
    5) Eagles - Get Over it

The gear that i have at my disposal is a Yamaha Pacifica guitar and a ZOOM 606 ...

2. Bandbaaja

Bandbaaja Pronounced Band Baaaa Ja

I never owned a Zoom, so i can't give you exact specs
    but basic tips:

1) Pink Floyd - Numb = Whole lot of reverb, chorus, mild overdrive
    2) DT - Spirit Carries On = I dunno this?
    3) Iron Maiden - Wicker Man = Chorus with BOSS Heavy Metal type setting
    4) Ozzy - Mama i'm coming home = Chorus for intro add studio distortion for lead
    5) Eagles - Get Over it = Overdrive

3. tejas

tejas ..........

Well, I have a Zoom 707, i don't know much about 606. But try searching in Google. It should help.

And this thread is in the wrong forum. It should be In Guitar Gear Talk. Please make a note of that. This will be moved.

4. apratim.mitra

apratim.mitra You can call me apro

well the Zoom 606 is a pretty close relative of the Zoom 505 in that it has almost the same set of functions but with the addition of a pedal ...

and as far as the moving of the thread goes ... u r the boss tejas :)... neway i thought this would be a more general query instead of one restricted to the ZOOM 606 which is why i put this up in this forum ... but as i said ... "ur wish is my command" :)

5. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

hey apro..im ur man, i too have a 606..just that ive sent it for repairs right now. So I cant give u my custom patches but u can check out these 2 sites:
    https://cifraclub.terra.com.br/
    the sites in portuguese but on the left hand menu u got Utilitades and patches under here.The click on Zoom 606 and so on...

Heres another site:
    https://dlugo.host.sk/
    Its got about 77 patches..u might find something interesting there.