guitar lessons pls !!!

Discussion in 'Bengali Guitar Tabs - Submit or Request' started by notun_guitarist, Dec 9, 2005.

1. Arindam.Ray

Arindam.Ray Undertaker

Do you mean the small small part that i have tabbed here ? if yes...then yes i can play it as much as batio.Its easy.Though the rest of the part is just crazy.Well,right now i haven't have any of guitars,so there's a lil break.I'll try to get the full tab going.Though right now Me & my student are fully concentrating on the leads of OzielZinho.Boy.....he is a SHREDDER !! :shock:

2. Arindam.Ray

Arindam.Ray Undertaker

A TAB from Hell.....

Dear All Expert Guitarists,

Just take a look at the following TAB.....this is a TAB made by my student. Though iam admitting i mustn't submit her workings here without her permission,so iam just posting the first line of her soloing.....the instrumental name is given "Rainy Day". Crazy Stuff - Iam even humbling to play this at one go. Though she's doing this fine enough.

Here it is :

HTML:
    e---7------3----5h7p5h7p3-5---------------22-------------------[12p3t5h13p7t3]-
    B---7----------------------------3-------------------21-------------------------------------
    G--------------------------------2--------19-----------\t17---(7)-------------------------
    D---5------2---------------------0------------------------------------------------------------
    A-------0------------------------2---12-------------------12----0----0----0------
    E---3------5----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Legends used :

h - > Hammer

p - > Pull Off

t - > Tap

\ - > Slide Down

(7) - > Pinch Harmonic

[......] - > Cross Tap

Tempo ???? First she made it on 100 BPM. Now this Sunday she modified her note and increased the Tempo to 220 BPM.

3. LEFTY_GUITARIST

LEFTY_GUITARIST -= M®. §öU†|-|ÞäW =-

bajye dekhte hobe........kono meye naki sei student>???

4. notun_guitarist

notun_guitarist New Member

hi arindam da,
    thanks for the lead exercises you've posted.
    I've tried the 1st one, its most probably in D minor scale...right?
    I could'nt play the 2nd lead as mine is an acoustic guitar...so the farthest i can go is the 13th fret...or at the max the 14th.... cant go to the 16th and 20th frte as required by the 2nd lead.
    Ya i did face some problems about the tempo, the last part( A--------5555-----) was sounding rather odd.
    but i could manage the 1st lead..... will try o figure out the chords too...
    thanks again....
    bye, shubhankar.

5. notun_guitarist

arindam da..... tomake (aar bakiderkeyo) ekta personal question korcchi......
    tomader chithi tithi pore besh bojha jacche that u all are pro guitarists......specially u...arindam da....
    ami guitar kinecchi pray der(one and a half years) bocchor age, shikhtam o ekjoner kacche, ekhane delhi te guitar shekhar boro problem holo ei...je prothomoto bhishon costly(this guy actually used to charge me 300/- per class, 4 classes a month....so that was too costly for me to bear, and only after a couple of months, i had to take his leave !!)
    ditiyoto...... ekhane guitar shekhano mane...koyekta notun notun hindi cinemar ganer lead tule diye mukhosto koriye deoya.... which is not what you would call learning guitar...is'nt it?
    ekhane keu thik kore chords shekhate chay na, ami etodin dhore nije boshe boshe chord er figure gulo baar korecchi (like C major is x32010, D major is xx0232...etc.)
    right now, amake chords diye dile ami gaan motamuti thikthak bajate pari, kintu bhalo satisfaction ashe na....
    tai jiggesh korcchilam, tomader okhane kolkatay giye guitar shekhar scope kemon(jodi tomader karor kacche shikhte pari tahole to kothai nei !!)
    amake janiye diyo pls....
    arekta proshno........
    ganer tempo is set by the drum beats...right?? and the strumming pattern is ruled by the drum beats too...tai na?? jerokom dhoro......"gan bhalobeshe gaan" by chandrabindoo.... i can play this song very well as this song has proper drum beats and the strumming pattern is pretty easy too..... but i have problems with songs that dont have drum beats..... (quite a few anjan dutta songs.....like darjileeng, 2441139, calcium...etc) in these songs, it seems that the only instrument being played is gutar, amar ei gaanguli bajate besh oshubidha hoy....ki kora jay?? pls bole diyo....
    thanks.....
    shubhankar.

6. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

just one suggestion....it willbe much better if stuff related to learning guitar is posted in english and is posted in the Beginers Q&A coz that way everybody can benefit from it.....i cant understadn most of the post here...and the bong forum has quiet a few taleented guitars...let the whole site exploit their genius

7. debankan

debankan The bassist from hell

Yes. Staying in Kolkata will help u learn guitar better. Kolkata is teeming with guitarists, quality guitarists who are teeming to teach. You will get a good teacher at 1/3 to 1/4 times the rate u paid at delhi.

8. Arindam.Ray

Arindam.Ray Undertaker

Hmm..

ABsolutely agree with you respected MOD.....But see in past i tried to post in there...but i have been personally hit by some errant creatures from hell....so i have quit from teaching them any further. See, i may be a professional teacher outside, but in here, i tried to become a helper instead of a teacher, but some of my IGTians have ruined it badly. SO let this thread remain here.

Instead of moving this thread to somewhere else, i will suggest why not post everything in here (in this thread i mean to say) in English - so that everybody can understand the points of learning.

Furthermore, while being a teacher i have seen (& been) in situations of embitterness due to some of my student. I can only give a harsh word or two for them as they are there in front of me at that time,but in here what i have gave them is a Visionery Sceptre.

I dont know whether you will understand my point or punish me for posting this, but i wont post anything except in Bengali or English thread.(threads concerned with guitar).

With all due respect i will request you to leave this thread here at its best and rest will do fine. Iam planning of making this thread really a guitar class for all.

9. Arindam.Ray

Arindam.Ray Undertaker

Major Scales !!

Well i think lessons are getting haphazarad in here...so lets flourish them in a whole new way for the beginers in here....

First lets talk about 7 Basic Major Scales. I will not be wasting time to explain Scales.You will find it in the net by any search engine.

Lets get straight with the Scales.

See, basically we have 7 Major Scales to start of. Imagine the english alphabet only consist of 7 letters - A,B,C,D,E,F,G. So after reaching G, you will get back to A. (Remember this for the all next one's.

Now how to remember what Scale have how many numbers of Sharps or Flats ?

See, when we play guitar, as i said lets imagine there are 7 straight forward letters in english alphabet,so wel will generally say - we will have 8 letters for each scale..if we consider to go from SA,RE,GA,MA,PA,DHA,NI,SA (High).

But if we do go on playing with this funda of english letters - gradually after playing C scale we will see,the tones are not matching. WHY ? Because for playing other scales - we need to have one or some Flat or Sharp notes to get the soptoshur right.

@ SHARP - > It means ONE NOTE HIGHER than the normal.

@ FLAT - > It means ONE NOTE LOWER than the normal.

So,you can say,Sharp is the opposite of Flat or vice versa.

So here's how to remember the Basic Chart :

C - no sharps OR flats. All Natural notes - 0

G - 1 sharp. The note is F.Play it F# - 1

D - 2 sharps. The notes are F & C.Play it F# & C# - 2

A - 3 sharps. The notes are F,C & G.Play it F#,C# & G# - 3

E - 4 sharps. The notes are F,C,G & D.Play it F#,C#,G# & D# - 4

B - 5 sharps. The notes are F,C,G,D & A.Play it F#,C#,G#,D# & A# - 5

F - 1 Flat. The note is B.Play it Bb - 1.

Now if you look closer you will find that every last Sharp note of the scale is actually the previous note of that scale. Example: For G scale, the sharp note is F,which is previous note of G. Now for D scale, already we have F#,so the other sharp will be the previous note of D - which is C. So D scale have 2 sharps - F & C and so on....

Now try to play all these scales within the first 4 frets of your guitar.

Again now you will find within first 4 frets there are not to worry about A,B,C & D - as within first 4 frets you cant get more than two octaves for these scales. But for the rest you will get 2 octaves each. HOW ? Think & try to discover those. To help you a little bit regarding this....

Here are the Notes for Open strings (from 1-6)

e (1st String)
    B (2nd String)
    G (3rd String)
    D (4th String)
    A (5th String)
    E (6th String)

Here are the Notes for FIRST frets (from 1-6)

f (1st String)
    C (2nd String)
    G# (3rd String)
    D# (4th String)
    A# (5th String)
    F (6th String)

Here are the Notes for SECOND frets (from 1-6)

f# (1st String)
    C# (2nd String)
    A (3rd String)
    E (4th String)
    B (5th String)
    F# (6th String)..........REST YOU ARRANGE.....

@ Octave - > First 8 notes of any Scale. So if you play....

SA,RE,GA,MA,PA,DHA,NI,SA - (8 NOTES) - 1 OCTAVE IN ANY SCALE.

SA,RE,GA,MA,PA,DHA,NI,(getting higher from this point onwards - that is tones are getting sharper)SA (starting SA of 2nd Octave),RE,GA,MA,PA,DHA,NI,SA (Starting SA of 3rd Octave). - This is an example of 2 Octaves.

Let me know immidiately of you face an inch of problem with this tutorial. I'll also submit the TABS for these scales - in case you cant.

10. Arindam.Ray

Arindam.Ray Undertaker

Basic Major Scale TABS & Explanations

C Scale

e------------------------------------------------
    B-------------------------0--1------------------
    G-----------------0--2--------------------------
    S------0--2--3-----------------------------------
    A---3------------------------------------------
    E---------------------------------------------

G Scale ( POSITION-1)

e---------------------------------------------
    B---------------------------------------------
    G------------------------------0---------------
    D------------------0--2--4-----------------------
    A-------0--2--3----------------------------------
    E---3------------------------------------------

G Scale ( POSITION-2)

e------------------------0---2---3---------------
    B------------0--1--3-----------------------------
    G----0--2-------------------------------------
    D-----------------------------------------
    A-----------------------------------------

D Scale

B--------------------------2---3----------------
    G--------------0--2--4-------------------------
    D---0--2--4----------------------------------

A Scale

G-------------------------1--2----------------
    D--------------0--2--4-----------------------
    A---0--2--4----------------------------------

E Scale (POSTION-1)

G-------------------------------------------
    D-------------------------1--2--------------
    A--------------0--2--4-----------------------
    E--0--2--4--------------------------------------

E Scale (POSITION-2)

e----------------------------------0-----------
    B-------------------------2---4-----------------
    G-------------1--2--4--------------------------
    D-----2--4----------------------------------

B Scale

G---------------------1--3--4------------------
    D----------1--2--4---------------------------
    A---2--4------------------------------------

F Scale ( POSITION-1)

G-------------------------------------------
    D---------------------0--2--3-------------------
    A----------0--1--3---------------------------
    E--1--3-----------------------------------------

F Scale( POSITION-2)

e----------------------------0--1---------------
    B-------------------1--3------------------------
    G-------0--2--3--------------------------------
    D---3--------------------------------------

Now why we are only getting E,F, &G scale twice ? This is because, while playing only the first 4 frets, the furthest we can go (that means sharper notes) is at the 5 notes of the 1st string - which are - e,f,f#,g,g#. Now we need to play a full sa,re,ga,ma,pa,dha,ni,sa to complete a scale. Now for the higher sa (last sa) we are getting atmost the above mentioned 5 notes of 1st string. So now if we omit the 2 sharp notes that is f# & g#, we are getting 3 natural notes - e,f,g. So thats why we are getting 2 octaves each for these 3 scales within the first four frets and not for the other scales.

Now make a combination of the 2 octave scales.

E Scale (2 Octave)

e---------------------------------------------------------0-------
    B------------------------------------------------2--4----------------
    G------------------------------------1--2--4---
    D-------------------------1--2--4------------
    A--------------0--2--4-----------------------
    E--0--2--4--------------------------------------

Now complete the list by making the other two by yourself.

11. probuddha

probuddha Aspiring Guitarist

Arindam da...that was awesome..!!

I really appreciate the efforts you have put in for making this...

Amio onek kichhu jaante parlaam..

Thanks a ton..!!

Cheers..!!

12. debankan

debankan The bassist from hell

Cholbe!!

Saabash!! Excellent work. :beer: Ki khatte paro mairi!! :nw: Tomar moto generous lok khub kom dekhechhi. :cool: Scale notes baar kora approach ta khub bhalo laglo. :rock:

13. notun_guitarist

hey thanks a lot arindam da.....
    i feel really proud to have joined this IGT group, and it seems that i am not the only one benefitting from your lessons, quite a few other guitarists seem to be getting benefitted from your lessons...... thanks a lot.... i think this thread is going to continue long....
    good job, thanks again
    shubhankar.

14. Saptashaw

Saptashaw PRO Tabber

Words have become superfluous for praising ur talent. :nw: :nw:

15. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

i dont care as where this thread is aslong as it is in a language i can understand:)
    i still see a lot of posts here i cant understand:cry1:..this wud become a great thread....if only everybody could understand it
    so PEOPLE PLEASE POST IN ENGLISH PLEASE

16. Arindam.Ray

Arindam.Ray Undertaker

Thanking you respected MOD. Thy will be done as per your wish for the sake of all.

17. Arindam.Ray

Arindam.Ray Undertaker

As long as its helpfull for all of you,Iam happy. Thanks SAPTA,Debankan,Notun & all of you.

18. sayanakaharry

sayanakaharry Forum Leader

This is a fantastic thread and vey useful to all. So am making it sticky.

19. Arindam.Ray

Arindam.Ray Undertaker

Wow...great great approach Sayan.....we are all honoured.

But primarily i think the Honour should go to notun_guitarist (Shuvankar). Thanks Shuvankar & Sayan both.

20. LEFTY_GUITARIST

LEFTY_GUITARIST -= M®. §öU†|-|ÞäW =-

im jus playing for some lil more dan 9 months.......and learned from a teacher for 2 months(approx).........den on ma own and igt powertas and ofcourse, sayan da and debankan da....:rock:

ar arindam da, thanku boss......ami ettu theory based mal khujchilam