Guitar FX box alternative

Discussion in 'Computer Forum' started by dareprasad, Feb 15, 2006.

1. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

^^^Firstly...U need to adjust the settings for good recording. U ned to do it yourself, nobody can help U.
    Secondly...The clip is big because it is an .WAV file, which is an uncompressed source of data. Just compress it using any kind of software like Sound Forge, or , Nero wave editor etc and convert the clip into a mp3 clip. ur 3 mb clip will be compressed into 70 kb file :)

2. vini

vini Repeat Offender

i zipped it but the size didnt reduce...soundforge! u mean by re-recording that clip?? i have audacity :think:

settings for good recording? :think: :think: Hmm..

3. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

Compress that clip in to 128 kbps to 64 kbps mp3... I have not used Audacity, so cannot say about that. But if you do it by sound forge or Nero, just open the clip in the sftwr and go to File>Save as... Save it as a mp3 and in option, specify the bit rate as 64 to 128 kbps...You are dun...

4. shantanukr

shantanukr yEh DiL mAanGe m0rE

guys .. plz give name of some good guitar effect processor other than GUITAR BOX FX & GNUITAR. ???????????

:help:

5. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

Go for Revalver. Just google it

6. taxyse

taxyse t3h.

revolver aint good fer live processing i think :think:...thats where fx box kicks ass....
    but yeh...revalver's got better off line processing...
    i tried fx box 3...puhhhh....what a lousy program....2.6s da best...!!
    btw...you can even check out some free DX based programs ...i found revovlver there only...there might be some others as well...!!

7. faiqrock

faiqrock XaiQ

I think REVALVER is So...:cen: :insane: :p:
    I dont like REVALVER at all...
    the Noise...Sound..every thing is Crap
    Guitar Fx 2.6 is Good...not the Best But it is GOOD and So Rocking thn Revalver...
    If some 1 have BETA version and dont have Crack then Tell me i have 1:p:

8. sayanakaharry

sayanakaharry Forum Leader

well, i've found revalver pretty good. the noise is only a minor problem and completely goes away if you tweak the settings a bit.

9. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

Egzactly!:grin:
    I have the same opinion as Sayan...

10. vini

vini Repeat Offender

check the clip in attachment...this is the screeching sound im talkin about..can ne1 make even a wild guess :annoyed: why is it happening :help:
    >>>

Attached Files:

• duh.zip
      File size:
      141 KB
      Views:
  11. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

That happens to me when my input cable is faulty..i.e.-there might be some problem with the mic. Try using a different mic.

Also, if you're using speakers, try turning the speakers off and then recording.

12. slash_i_m

slash_i_m Laid to Rest

damn my line in jack's blown.i can't record anymore :cry2:

13. vini

vini Repeat Offender

^^ maybe!
    my mic is brand nu :eek::

14. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

bjr said the right thing. Switch off your spkr wen recording. You need to adjust the settings to be able get the best out of it. It differs from system to system, so cannot say what is the best for you. Check out my attachment I posted earlier, do ya get tht kind of sound????

15. metal=heaven

metal=heaven New Member

can sum also plz gimme a link for the effects processor??

16. vini

vini Repeat Offender

hey sugata and everyone else who hav used revalver effects processor!

can u guys suggest any particular effects out of the zillions which u may have tried and they sound good? some distortion ones. name them!

17. metal_fan69

metal_fan69 To Live Is To Die

pls guys ... somebody giv me that revalver..!

18. metal_fan69

Hey guys I got it from google.. but a trial version ..

and it worked really well.. I'll place a demo recording later..

but it is really good!

19. metal_fan69

I am putting a demo here

somebody pls tell me how to avoid that noise? I did everything..i mean turning off speakers and..

phir bhi there is noise...

Attached Files:

20. faiqrock

faiqrock XaiQ

Hi metal..
    What is the Name of that Software If u Can plz PM me or Tell On this Thread...:eek::
    Waiting for yo Reply dude..
    Tc