guitar and looks ..some connection ?

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by nandy0894, Jan 18, 2012.

1. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

I see a lot of ignorance in this thread...
    Komal you need to go out and attend some gigs now...

2. nandy0894

nandy0894 New Member

h aha. .... .

3. wylder

wylder Member

+1
    I know girls who are die hard fans of Sabbath and Ozzy. I know guys guys who follow all the pop-star gossip. Your taste in music needn't be restricted by your gender.

Also, good music/guitar doesn't have to be within the Rock/Metal genre. Listen to Sarah McLachlan, Sheryl Crow, Tori Amos, Diana Krall etc. They are fantastic musicians.

But yes, there may be statistically fewer females who are willing to put in the hard work it takes to get to the top of any industry. This has nothing to do with their fingers getting rough or being physically weaker.
    Maybe it is the way society has always looked down on them or the different hormones that run through their veins...

4. wylder

wylder Member

Sorry if my earlier post wasn't clear.

Let's get one thing straight - you guys (nandy0894 and anisha_astrolog) are talking about the appeal of a guitarist and not talent. This is evident from terms like 'good looking guys', 'hot', 'smart hunk', 'some one pretty decent..not soo cool looking', 'Those pretty decent guys'.

That said, there are no rules to attraction. What you deem hot might not be someone else's thing. Maybe you are a better judge or give a higher weightage in your ideal man for musical talent. Another distinct possibility is that you are a poor judge of good looks in a man. Either ways if you think somebody is hot based on some aspect, it doesn't have to be a universal to all persons of your gender and orientation though certain traits might be more commonly desired.

5. nandy0894

nandy0894 New Member

no no ..
    i am not talking about the appeal of the guitarist..
    all i am saying is that many times people drool over looks and ..ignore.. the talent or skill ..
    thats it

6. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

YES and that's the way it is with MOST OF THE THINGS IN LIFE.
    What's your crib?

That you don't care about looks, and neither get attracted by it ... but most other girls do.
    You believe you are "right" and others are "wrong" ... and therefore you want all the girls to start behaving the way you do ... ?

7. nandy0894

nandy0894 New Member

nooo!!!!!
    im just making a normal statement!!
    you to are literally scolding me ..! :( :( :( :(

8. wylder

wylder Member

Gotta love alpha1's unabashed, to the point approach in these forums :D

9. anisha_astrolog

anisha_astrolog New Member

You didn't get my point. Ok first clarify me. If a guitarist is so talented why would he be bothered about good looks because dude ultimately good looks will fade some day but talent will land you in a position where the world will go gaga over you. I might sound metaphysical but in the long run it is the only truth.

10. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

isn't that what i said :(

11. nandy0894

nandy0894 New Member

but u din scold me..he did :'(

12. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

haha, what can I say...I'm a nice guy. What I really wanted to do was laugh at your first post but then, other people posted so I laughed at them instead because they were funnier.

13. wylder

wylder Member

You should consider planning out your thoughts before putting them down.

Do you girls really think so philosophically when you are attracted to someone?
    Most male musicians seriously don't ponder over how girls in the crowd assess their talent unless you are somebody that has the credentials to do so (like a contest judge, close friend, accomplished musician etc). But then if they are attracted to a particular girl, they do care about what that particular girl thinks about their performance.

If you are talking about crowd response at a concert, it has more to do with the charisma of the musician and his ability to entertain. It has less to do with his looks and is not solely based on his talent alone.

14. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

I'm not sure I'd classify "There is shit music and then then there is heavy metal" as a view. Or subscribe to the view that Joe Satriani will not have girls lining up or kneeling down. Or that the girls who will be lining up will be doing it because he's talented and not because he's famous. Or that you can stereotype music into stuff that girls like vs good music. I'd call most of these opinions fairly ugly - biased, ill-informed, not very well thought out, etc.

15. nandy0894

nandy0894 New Member

hmm . . .
    * sees that she has no choice *

hahahaa... * laughs with you *
    hehe :p

16. vendettarevived

vendettarevived New Member

17. komal29

komal29 New Member

whatz there to disbelief..
    there are many songs in this world..guys dont even bother to listen...many dont even listen to female pop stars as well..!! i can show u many guys like that

18. komal29

komal29 New Member

i agree to u a fair extent..but not completely sorry

19. komal29

komal29 New Member

i am sure now..nandy0894 is a guy!!!! lol...

20. komal29

komal29 New Member

how many??? coz am sure its countable
    this is true..but my reply somewhere above was only about a post which had views about metal/rock music
    it was just a opinion..no need to take it so seriously 'about the rough fingers'....coz it was just a humor..
    different hormones that run through their veins?..kindly elaborate