Greg Bennett Guitars..Anybody knows??

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by mymusicmyguitar, Apr 15, 2007.

1. mymusicmyguitar

mymusicmyguitar Active Member

Guys u got to check out these Greg Bennett Guitars at Furtados.....They are reALLY AWESOME... Clean Tone similar to Fenders(Trust me....m not exagerrating) They cost from 12k to 21k......m Planning to buy one of those Royale Series(21k).....Their design is somewhat similar to les pauls........I need a confirmation and advice from you all before buying it......
    Check out the below mentioned Link..
    https://www.smcmusic.com/website_gregbennett/electricportal.html

2. tallkien

tallkien DIY GURU

They are essentially Samick guitars designed by GB. I found them quite average in playability. If you are buying one make sure you ask someone to set it up for you properly before you leave the store. They had action issues last time I saw those

3. mymusicmyguitar

What do u mean by Action Issue Dude?? Plz giv me more details on it......But arent they worth in just 20K....??? Coz i really liked their tone....the 1 which i wanted........Are they better in long term usage??

4. yazi

yazi Banned

I dun think u will be satisfied with them guitars in the long run. The Ibanez RG350EX and RG370DX are the best buys in that range20-25k). And if you like LPs, go get an Epiphone LP or even a Washburn Idol. You have LTDs and Jacksons as well.

5. mymusicmyguitar

About Ibanez i dont like the metallic sound that they produce..Some how m a bit reluctant to Buy Ibanez..soo they are out of question....i prefer a very clean and soft tone.........
    I will definitely check out Epiphone LP models as well......I guess i will have to do a lot of homework for getting the best......
    Any other models that you know..............??

6. tallkien

tallkien DIY GURU

If you like Les Pauls, go with yazi's suggestion and look at epi or washburn or LTD.

and by action I mean the strings were very high, and on one of those les paul types the tune-o-matic was at its lowest setting and the strings were still too far from the fingerboard. I blocked GB guitars out from my mind altogether after seeing that.

7. yazi

yazi Banned

Yes, check that sort of thing. And if you are not that experienced at buying guitars, tag along with someone that knows. Trust me, the shops try to shove the worst instruments onto noobs with a smile.

8. mymusicmyguitar

Understood............ :)-0)

9. mymusicmyguitar

u guys have not yet told me about the tone of Greg Bennett Guitars....Isnt it good??? Isnt it clean and soft???

10. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

^Mymusic check your private messages :p

11. Double Click

Double Click New Member

If good clean tones are what ur after, dchk out some good strat/tele copies.

12. mymusicmyguitar

Goog strat/tele copies..Which ones???? What wud b the price range?? In which store wud i get to see them ??

13. yazi

yazi Banned

Whats your budget?

14. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

I really like the Squier Affinity Tele. That jangly bridge pickup makes for a great clean tone. Its in the 11-12K price range and should be available in Mumbai.

15. mymusicmyguitar

I am ready to chip in 25 to 30K just for the Guitar........Are Fender Mexican Strats worth 30K?? I saw one at Bhargava's but with rusted strings..
    I will surely check out the squire strats as well...yA they really seem to be very cheap.....

I keep on seeing these Tulsi Guitars every where on the Forums....Is tulsi the manufacturer like Albertos ...

16. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

With 30k please dont go for a custom!.....its not worth it...theres a lot of great stuff for 30k. Do u relatives abroad?

17. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

I think a Parker is available for 30k...and u will like it im sure

18. mymusicmyguitar

Parker Guitars havent seen them in any of the shops over here in mumbai.......Just now checked out their site..Parkers look is extremely Glossy............I got to play it and listen to the sound......But where???

19. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

Looks arent anything....its how the guitar feels to you. I dont agree when it comes to parkers though. They are fugly. But play like a DREEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM!

20. mymusicmyguitar

Man its really confusing me........I got to go to all the shops one more time to check out all the models again............