Greetings to the commune!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Conchshell, Jun 15, 2009.

1. Conchshell

Conchshell New Member

Greetings people!

I come in peace.
    Stumbled here looking for Gibson/Epiphone electric guitars in India.
    Seems like a lost cause now. Some posts here and across the web make it seem futile.
    As for me. I'm in Advertising, masquerading as a writer. About a year ago picked up an acoustic guitar, more as a nostalgic move to relive my college days when I used to fiddle (excuse bad pun!) a bit with them. Getting somewhere I think, and the itch to play electric is getting stronger. Got to see where that feeling goes.

Well that's that for now. Good to be here.
    Hello to everyone again!

2. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

And why specifically Epiphone/Gibson?

Trying to emulate Slash etc?

3. Conchshell

Conchshell New Member

Emulating slash etc?

Good point.

I wish.

In the same breath, if emulating was the trip, I'd choose a fender, flip it around, learn to play lefthanded, wear my hair in an afro and..but hey, you get the drift...

But really, the Gibson and its weak sistah just looks a far cooler guitar to me, more aesthetics and all...(the sound...well, I'm not all that knowledgeable so I'll leave that to someone else...)

In any case thanks to a real cool dude, goes by the name Sanjiv Das on the forum was selling his gear. I just found him on the forum the same day I joined. And today I got what I was looking for. Sounds absolutely cosmic, doesn't it?

Great guy Sanjiv... and awesome talking to you too. It isn't everyday you get someone to speak to. Thanks a ton for the response!