great girl guitar bargain

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by nandac, Oct 20, 2010.

1. nandac

nandac New Member

2. flood

flood New Member

dude....

THERE ARE NO GIRLS ON THE INTERNET. RULE 2 OF THE INTERNETS.

3. ultrabot90

ultrabot90 Like fishes need bicycles

^Lol, excellent.

4. shailm

shailm New Member

I actually dont mind shell pink, i actually prefer it over surf green, lake placid blue or candy apple red. though the matching headstock might be a bit much. i seriously considered getting a shell pink jazzmaster.

5. flood

flood New Member

it's a steal and i'd be all over it, but i'm going to get SHOT if i get one more guitar home.

besides, i'm moving into a smaller room, in all likelihood. plus, i'm saving up for a custom strat by erisa.

6. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

but the headstock doesn't says fender? I doubt its genuinity...

correction::: oops sorry .. i failed to read the description.. my bad

7. shailm

shailm New Member

" The decal was almost all rubbed off so I painted the head stock the same color as the body. Gave it a new fret job and new pickups. It is a good playing and sounding pro guitar."

8. ultrabot90

ultrabot90 Like fishes need bicycles

You can always sand down, and then paint or oil finish...?

9. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

ya got it .. my bad.. btw how safe is it to buy from ebay? any experienced guys?

10. shailm

shailm New Member

"You can always sand down, and then paint or oil finish...?"-
    Im not a 100 percent sure, but i think yes. in terms of the body though,if it is finished with polyurethane (is what most guitars these days are finished with) it gets a LOT harder(from experience).

"ya got it .. my bad.. btw how safe is it to buy from ebay? any experienced guys?"
    To buy from ebay is usually safe, Ive got one of my guitars, and multiple pedals from there, as long as you check if the person has good feedback(I usually set the limit at 98 % positive).though a lot of sellers don't like shipping international because of the issues that come with it. But i think the issue here would be
    a)shipping (especially a guitar)international would be really really expensive, even with low cost shippers.
    b)customs here im sure might be an issue, you will most likely pay extra when it gets here, and it still might be hard getting it from them.
    If the seller uses a local/low cost shipping method (usps etc etc), even if your package passes customs, it will be most likely transported to you via the indian postal service, and apparently there have been instances of packages being "lost" through them.

If you do really want to buy from ebay and don't mind spending extra cash, the most reliable way would be, to ask the seller if he/she is willing to ship it via dhl/fedex/ups. these companies offer tracking, accurate arrival estimates etc. also when at customs, if your package is considered taxable, they will pay it and then give you the bill for it, when package is delivered to you. but it can get really really expensive (i was given an estimate of like 45/50 $ for a pedal, so i cant imagine what a guitar would cost)

11. shailm

shailm New Member

@flood- what specs are you looking at for your strat?

12. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

thanks for the advice shailm. i am not gonna ask them to ship it to India.. rather i'll order it to my friends place and he'll carry it for me.. all i wanna know is hows the quality of stuff .. especially used gear..

13. shailm

shailm New Member

Well there is a certain percent of risk involved, I had an issue with a used boss pedal i once got (bad switch), but I don't think I checked his ratings etc etc(ebay novice).
    If you are looking to buy this particular guitar, i think you'll be alright. If you click on the sellers name, you can read the feedback on the other items he has sold/bought. This guy seems to have sold a few guitars, and no one seems to have any complaints. If you have more questions, theres a box at the bottom where you can ask him questions/request more pictures .

Reading the feedback is essential, there are also "top rated sellers",more often than not ,you will not have issues with them. It is also important to read the item description thoroughly.

14. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

ya i'll do some research... there're some really really good deals available at ebay.. mouth watering :slurp: