GP splash melody

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by jozko, Oct 27, 2006.

1. jozko

jozko Banned

rough work. donno posted earlier or which forum this should go. so posting here. Mods plz move or remove
    Code:
    B--7s8--------------------------------------------8-
    G------7----------------------------------------7---
    D--------8------------7-7h8-7-----------------8-----
    A----------6----8--10---------10-10--8s10--10-------
    Great if somebody can please post correct n easy to play one. It plays bass n treble strings togther as i hear. i donno if tabs r given with GP.

2. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

I remember there was a GP file where someone had made a rock lick with this melody and added drums and it sounded pretty cool. See if you can find it. t'was quite nice.

3. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

In the second part of the melody, he's picking the C note with the melody. The chords are Ebmaj7, F (7?), Gm.

Try playing the same melody lower on the fretboard....For the first arpeggio, try this shape for EbMaj7 [xx1333]

or if you want the same shape as you're playing, just shift the 7 7h8 7 part of your melody onto the 5th string and pluck the 10th fret on the 4th string along with it.

4. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

hah! going through the GP4 demos, I just found tabs for this. Check out "Jingle" in their demos.

Chords are EbM7, F, Gm.

5. jozko

jozko Banned

thx a lot bjr!! I will try them as you said that should be easier. thx for the help. btw i don't use gp.

6. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

Why not? It's a very useful tool for single players. More than the actual tabs, what is useful is the tools they have....chord builders, metronome, the ability to loop a chord progression and practice on it. I don't usually use tabs but I like using guitar pro anyway.

7. jozko

jozko Banned

was trying chords u suggested. can u/someone send me tab if it can be exported as text??

Main thing is that i don't have money to buy it. So I don't like it :D Sour grape

I tried GP last year one from p2p. Actually i didn't like GP files i found on Internet then. For e.g, for Cat stevens songs I mostly depended on tabs on his official website. I never tried GP again after my last HDD crashed. Crash wasn't due to GP though. Yes they have useful tools and all.

Only guitar s/w i use is AP tuner and Audacity.
    thx again bjr back trying EbM7. the first hammer on is from FhG or F#hG?? how do u position your fingers for playing EbM7 in this particular case??

8. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

First hammer on is F# to G. What I did was I barred the first 3 strings with my ring finger(3rd). Then I slid from the 2nd fret to the third fret. With my first finger, I played the 1st fret of the 4th string.

9. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

here you go. After exporting, it doesn't show the hammer on thing though.

Attached Files:

jozko likes this.
  10. jozko

jozko Banned

thx a lot bjr!! was waiting for it, will download now. and comment. thx again

11. jozko

jozko Banned

awesome thx bjr, i learned part 1 and 2. trying second part :)
    what a tune!!
    does time sig like 4/4 applies to this and chord changes are actally with bar or not? The text file is correct other than initial hammeron or slide? thx again

12. jozko

jozko Banned

belated reps bjr :p

13. jozko

jozko Banned

i just put a vid on how i managed to play this. i changed second part from bjrs gp txt. hammer-ons slides etc missing from export as bjr said
    vid https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeM_6ThbYkw
    thx again bjr. Your posts helped me a lot esp with initial slide!