Givson Panther electric guitar and Zoom 505 II processor

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by aleric, Dec 27, 2004.

1. aleric

aleric New Member

Guys,

I am getting a two month old Givson Panther electric guitar and Zoom 505 II processor for 6K.

Please let me know what you think about the deal.

Me not a master of guitar. Still learning. I have a Givson acoustic, but I think its high time I shift to electric.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

:rockon:

2. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

^LOL, nobody's a master of guitar here:p: As to the guitar and processor, generally i would be inclined to say no to Givson whatever may be the situation. But still, have you played it? How does it sound? And the processor too, test it out well and see if it suits you. If yeah, good price. After you get it replace the strings, get ernie balls. Should sound loads better.

3. aleric

aleric New Member

Hey Disturbed,

Thanks for the quick reply. Well, It does sound fine. But I wouldn't know how good the sound really is.

I googled for feedback on the ZOOM 505II processor. People say its decent for a beginner.

What do you think about the price???

4. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

From what i know, a panther costs about 5K and a Zoom 505II costs about 4.5 K, so...umm, if the setup sounds good, i think it's ok for a beginner. However, before you do anything, just wait for jayanth to give his feedback and i notice that you're in hyderabad too. Why dont you PM me?

5. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Hey,
    Forgive and Forget Givson Electric. It's pathetic. You might like it in the beginning if you are just touching an electric guitar and very soon you'll start hating itafter you hear / play any other guitar. Zoom 505 II is pretty decent. It will solve most of your beginning requirements. Just put it a few more bucks and get a better second hand guitar.

6. jayanth

jayanth <.: : Call Quits : :.>

I support the Anti Givson Movement here.. I started it anyways.. i would suggest you wait and get a better setup.. when you get cash..

7. fictional_real

fictional_real Pyaasi Jawani

i think ibanez jumpstart guitars r good for beginers....wat ya says experts?

8. jayanth

Jumpstarts??? Squier has one of these.. Completely sucked..

9. fictional_real

hmmm....i c. jayanth wat do u think of ibanez RG series? i think dmf has one.

10. jayanth

Its a deadly series.. The RG prestige is better..

11. deathdr_87

deathdr_87 Awesome Guitarist

rg prestiges

bhargava's in mumbai has loads of the prestige models and some JEMs (Steve Vais signature). A freind bought the prestige RG 2550 (i think thats the number). Very happy with it ut he paid a bomb - definitely above 60k - i think he said it came for 75k or something

12. jayanth

RG2550 is Rare.. But DEADLY.. Its 78000Rs.. Cheap but Amazing..

JEM777d Is killer.. For its price of 1lahk+

When i said cheap i was comparing it to JEM..

13. deathdr_87

deathdr_87 Awesome Guitarist

true... oh and getting ack to some1s point on jumpstarts - they are useless for neonje playing for a while - but for a beginner they are really good deals - it costs less to get a jumpstart than equipment from scratch..

14. blackmamba

blackmamba Rocker Monk

1 Lakh+ :cool: Wooh Hoo....Now, that I have a JEM 777 VDY....I might be tempted...but then again, I don't need the cash anyway ...but still tempted.

15. fictional_real

@all.....can i get a good ibanez guitars for 15k ....hehe...plz dont laugh.

16. jayanth

LOL.. LOL.. LOl :p:

Indian Ones / korean Ones Yes..

17. fictional_real

70k .....1 lakh....u guys are eating me. sob!

@jayanth....damn u again!! :p:

18. jayanth

@ FR :- When you hate me, Look at your title,, You'll hate me more.. :p:

19. fictional_real

@jayanth....yeah, i do hate u more...coz u do beat me in dat field. (of being more comfortably dumb) :p:..

ok...:eek:fftopic:

20. deathraven

deathraven New Member

i got 505 II for 3.6K and its pretty bad. good if u have no experience with FX