Givson Electrics

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by ultrabot90, Jan 2, 2008.

1. ultrabot90

ultrabot90 Like fishes need bicycles

How good are the electric guitars by Givson? I mean, I don't expect them to be the best...but for low/low-medium quality range of a guitar...how good are they?
    Actually, a friend of mine has one which was given to him by another friend (and that guy never reclaimed it, strangely enough). My friend says he can give it to me (he doesn't play guitar), and it can be of unestimable value to me, if it doesn't wreck my playing style etc.
    Edit - Hey, wow, 1999th topic in this FORUM.

2. Life_Sans_Death

Life_Sans_Death Acronym!

Admit it, thats the only real part, rest is BS

3. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

WTF. 1999th topic in this thread?
    This thread contains only 3 posts. :/

Ultrabot, you sink to new lows each day.

If you're looking to improve on the Givson, then you're outta luck.
    If you're looking to improve the Givson, then have fun!

4. ultrabot90

I was delirious, happy? Like you didn't get what I meant. -_-

And man...
    LOL
    Guess what just became my latest sig xD
    Anyways
    @topic - I need it to learn. It'll be my first (personally owned) electric guitar. (all others were borrowed) So I guess you know the importance, possibly even more than me. I'll also use it for gigs (maybe).
    Tone and stuff doesnt bother me too much, the processor is there for that for the moment...and as the 100 etc etc says, "No point nailing the tone when you cant nail the tune" :p: All I need is that it doesnt hamper my playing ...though 99% of that will be determined when I pick it up -_-

5. thehundredthone

If this is your first own guitar and it's free then take it. If it is going to cost you more than a grand leave it.

See, there comes a point where the low end gutiar is what is holding you back from improving. If that point comes before you buy your first low end guitar then awesome, you'll know that the guitar can't deliver. So if you're already better than most Givsons, then it will only frustrate you further. Knowing that your gear can be played much better will give you a reason to improve.

The only time you'll know which guitar is actually best for you is when you have achieved most of your guitaring goals, because your current instrument will become the bottle neck, once again.

It will be your guitar, there is nothing like having your own gear, but make sure it's something that you can play all your currently achievable (more importantly, some or all of your future) tunes on it.

6. ultrabot90

^
    Its not costing me anything more than some extensive repairs - new strings, tone/volume knobs, and other stuff I'll get to know about when I see the axe.

Guess you're right...I have plans to play death, rapcore and alternative metal...And it'll need the gear it deserves...Till then, I'll make-do with zis. (wont be long; In 2-3 months I get a new electric and prolly a nicer amp)

Thanks, THO.

7. Life_Sans_Death

Life_Sans_Death Acronym!

Righto. State the intention. And ya, do the blah blah. And save up for a good rig. Till then use the Givson

8. ultrabot90

9. Life_Sans_Death

Life_Sans_Death Acronym!

erm, what?

10. Nouman011

Nouman011 New Member

11. thehundredthone

I personally found the Givson Blue Diamond and Givson Python really hard to play.

12. Life_Sans_Death

Life_Sans_Death Acronym!

Dude the videos you posted doesn't show the merits of the guitar, but of the guitarist.

Its all about bang for buck. And not even a givson fanatic/owner of the brand will deny that these other guitars have more than the givson.

13. ultrabot90

Well yeah, I did say that they aren't the best :)
    Anyways, the deal got off, the pop of the guy who was gonna give it to me forbid him to do so -_-
    Oh well, Kramer Striker after my Boards.