GIve it A Read about FRAZ ANWER!

Discussion in 'Pakistani Guitar Tabs - Submit or Request' started by m_waleed86, Jun 27, 2006.

1. manitrim

manitrim New Member

Faraz Anwer's Vocals are really an inspiration for young bad vocalist that every one can sing rock music.....!

Beside his guitaring talent ...his vocals really sucks i donnt know who tells him to sing ....

2. faiqrock

faiqrock XaiQ

^^ agree =)) lol
    His vocals really sucks :p: specially in PANCHI ..UFFFF
    I really wana know tht person who told Faraz to Sing :D
    ny ways
    Faraz is Really Cool Guitarist ROCK ON FARAZ :rock:

3. Sohrab_khan

Sohrab_khan 6stringz luva!!

well talking about faraz bhai... no doubt he`s the best there is in pakistan by far... technically ..... well he`s giving away tutions to a bunch of selected guitarist... i`m one of `em... we`ll be provided the dvd`s in the end( of these classes by him).. anyone interested to buy a copy of it.. lemme know... secret_me_khan ( hotmail id ) just leave a msg with the topic( DVD )

the dvd comprises his interview, his playin .
    things he taught us by far like Legatto, Vibrato, Pinch harmonics, steve vai slides ( the one`s he uses in his solos ) , major minor scales ( pentatonic and harmonics as well ) plus he taught us things like Paddling, Arpeggios, bending, hammer-ons pull offs, and stuff more and more than we know ...still a few of `em remains....

4. Johny Bravo

Johny Bravo The Boy Genius!

^^ Whoa dude ur a godsent. I need that damn DVD. I ws planning to join it too, but cant get to karachi. Its really nice of u to offer. Make a copy for me.

5. ^^_Fr|3nD_^^

^^_Fr|3nD_^^ New Member

Few Dayzz Back I Had a Kinda .. Theoritical Chat With .. A guy Frm LA .. Originally Frm Our homeLand .. He Is Studying In Berkley .. he Told his Name But Asked Me To Keep It Secret .. Kehr .. I had Talk On Diffrent Guitar Players Of Pakistan .. He first Said Sorry To Say But Most Of The Guitar Players Here Don't Know The All 8 Positions Of A Major Scale .. Notes In A Major Scale .. N diffrent Things .. I Said Who Is Best Guitar Player Here .. He Said .. I Must Say U Should Appreciate FARAZ AnWeR .. he Siad He Had Meeting With Him n His Thoery Is Good .. Beside That He Said .. Althought MEKAL HASSAN Says He graduated Frm Berkley but I Has Doubt In It .. To All Mekal Hassan Fan .. Don't get Angry On Me , he Said That .. Beside That He Admited that Faraz Anwer Is Man Of Class So As I . ya his Vocaling Is not Of such Standard but .. He Is Not Only One Of Pakistani Best , he Is One Of Asians Too .. n I Came To Know That Some buddy Frm Lahore Said he Is Fastest Pakistani Player .. Tou Uss K Liaay Kabhi Samny Na Aajanaa .. Faraz Anwer K .. Secondly .. A Guy Age .. For About 30 Years .. Playing Since his School Lets Say 15 years .. So He Has 15 Year Of Xperience Aisaay bundoo K Samny Tou Kuch Kehna He Nahi Chaheay .. ALong With .. FAWAD BALOCH n AAMIR ZAKI .. Thats Wat I Think .. In The End .. Faraz Anwer Is A Very Very Good Guitar player .. :)

6. faraz khan

faraz khan Fkay'zzz .......GoNe MaD!

Talkin 'bout me??

o juzt kiddin ,, hez a gr8 guitarist,, and U all are right Pakistan is got gr8 talent but itz shadowed becoz of the politicz in the world!

7. Johny Bravo

@Faraz: Dream on buddy... lolz.

@Friend: Dude all I gathered from ur post is that u appreciate Faraz anwar just coz somebody told u to do so. Dude evaluation duznt go like this. Anyhow abt that scale positioning thingy, thats bullshit. Kidz joke.

And im damn sure of Mekaal being a Berklee graduate. I have two friends who were there with him in Boston. Even if he wasnt a Berklee grad, just listen to his music, and u dont need to say anything else. Sampooran literally had me in tears.

Faraz Anwar is one hell of a player. 18 yrs of experience under ur belt, and I wudnt expect anything less than this. Great player. Technique-wise the best in South Asia, while musically, hez at par with Mekaal. I just love the feel Mekaal puts into his music.

8. aysh

aysh -|h3 ori9in4| (ui!aris-|-

ur right abt mekaal johny dude .. i love some of his songs a lot . cant listen them at a stretch tho , become too heavy to listen after a while :)

9. Distortion D1

Distortion D1 New Member

Because the music Mekaal is doing is Semi-Commercial .. Which is mellow and veyr pleasing to the ears .. No doubt hes good .. But i like Mizraab more ..It all lands to taste ..

And btw did you guys know Mekaal Hassan learned some techniques from Faraz Anwar back in 1997 ..

And about the Vocals .. Faraz is a excellent vocalist ... Kitni Saadiyan everyone loves coz' its mellow and everyone loves it .. Listen to tracks like "kuch hai , Insaan , Agg , Akhir kyun " .. You'll get to know how versatile his vocals are and he can reach such high pitches ..

His accent of Urdu is not digested by many people .. If you want to get his vocals .. Listen to Rush 2112 album .. hear the vocals in that album ...

Progresssive Metal is like this my friend .. Its a bit technical thats why its not pleasing to the ears .. And btw i bet many of you just have heard 2 ,3 songs and are judging him .. Listen to the full album and u'll get to know what a Maestro he is ..

He as also composed albums , songs for almost all the artist in Pakistan .. Hes a true Maestro and this album "APOV" is a bomb .. Listen to "Through the Passage of time " .. No one can make a track like this in Pakistan in the 5 years .. Best in Asia for sure ..

10. Johny Bravo

@nemo: Dude I can listen to Mekaal all day long (have practically done that) and not get bored. Depends upon the taste, thts all. Abt how u interpret the music. Try to listen what the music is trying to say, not the vocalist.

@Distortion: Dude its not about what high pitches u can attain. How u differentiate b/w a $5000 PRS and a $100 GB&A? Both have 24 frets, and both can attain high pitches. Its the tone that matters. I really hate the tone of his voice. Really hez concentrating too much on keeping the notes steady, so that therez no feel left in his voice. I've heard 4 of his vocal tracks, and didnt like any of em. Right notes is not the point, its the vocal tone that matters. Have heard almost all of his instrumentals, and couldn't resist any of em. APOV was the award-winning album, no point arguing that.

Yea he helped Mekaal in some technique in 97. As I said earlier, hez the most accomplished technical player of Asia.

And abt Progressive Metal not pleasing to ears, that would entirely eliminate the point of music bro. Metallica screams the shit outta itself, but still doesnt sound ugly. U can go to any lengths in theory & techniques, but at the end of the day, its the harmony and sounding good that really matters. Thats the point of music. Its not abt what u can do, its abt what u should do. Hope it clarifies some points.

11. Distortion D1

Distortion D1 New Member

This is actually really funny ..

You said that you like Mekaal and you coudnt get bored to him ..
    But i do ..
    So its all about taste .. and about the tone ..dude you gave no idea ... I think you have not heard progressive metal much .. Thats you are talking about the tone .. but i wont blame as it is not your taste .. I agree with you that its not ur taste ..
    But when some **** faces over here say that he sucks and cant sing .. Then let me here their work with or rather a Mizraabs cover ..