Gibson Les Paul Traditional Heritage Cherry Sunburst -Mumbai

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by Vibhendu, Aug 24, 2009.

1. distorted

distorted satan

nobdy's messing up mate... It wud b rather foolish... I know he knows things dat i myt b able to apprehend sum 10 yrs down the line or probably never will...
    It ws just a gay thing to do, for a change...
    does sound vary a lot wid minor alterations of shape? Its mostly the stuff used, electronics n workmanship.
    N the shape adds feel to the music, so dats kinda necessary to get the crowd roaring...
    @flood: whr did u play tesla man?
    I wonder if i'll ever get play such gawd guitars....

2. flood

flood New Member

i lived in germany for about 7 years, and luckily i was quite close to frankfurt for about 5. so i went to musikmesse for about 3-4 years in a row and looked for all the stuff you would not-so-easily find in a music store...

3. Harsh Kumar

Harsh Kumar The Official IGT Jester

Distorted: The shape changes the acoustics a lot. Symmetry, Anti Symmetry, Asymmetry all will have the different ways of generating tone.

And moreover, if there are more than one peices required to create a specific shape than the glue between would vibrate differently than the wood giving it another feel.

The differences might not be audible to an untrained ear but anyone with a good ear can tell.

It happened once with a well known musician/ recording engineer. He knew exactly what guitar Eddy Van Hallen would be using but later on he saw that the guitar wasnt as good, the strings were rusted, it was all EVH, his stance, his attack that made all the difference.

So its still pretty diffcult but for recording purposes, these factors are considered highly!!

4. flood

flood New Member

:think:

i have some serious misgivings regarding that....

i'm not thoroughly convinced that the shape will add that much tonal difference. we aren't talking about a hollowbody design here where wave propagation could lead to cancellation in some shape configurations... the propagation is through solid matter, resonance characteristics would be very different from propagation in air. the most important factor here is the wood or combination of woods that will affect the timbre as well as the sustain etc. wood quality would directly affect and lead to "dead spots".

the propagation primarily occurs at the headstock and the bridge and the neck adds a lot of sustain. so the most important part is obviously the straight line between bridge and headstock... the vibration would spread through the body depending on the wood, not so much the shape, considering that most non indian guitars are made of hardwoods, not sawdust/particle board/neem or mango. what will not happen is that waves will reflect from the edges of the body and cause early reflections etc.

i wouldn't imagine that every recording engineer is THAT golden eared.

if it does, i have my misgivings as to how much this difference will be apparent to more than a very small percentage of the world's population.

i believe that it has to be measurable. if it isn't, it's simply a matter of interpretation. there are a lot of unconventionally styled guitars that sound incredible, and some without a body that sustain for days.... so i'm not sure how relevant the shape is to tone at all.

5. distorted

distorted satan

^ yes yes...
    I disagree wid you harsh. N wt i was speaking ws of minor differences in body shape, not gluey stuff... Like, u chisel a strat to get the horns and make it look like a BC Rich virgin, will dat create a marginal difference in tone? I guess, no...

6. flood

flood New Member

well, some difference for sure because you are taking out some mass.

my point is - you take 2 guitars, one strat shape and one bc rich abomination having the following parameters identical:
    1. mass
    2. wood type (or the same batch of wood for that matter)
    3. pickups and electronics
    4. bridge system
    5. necks
    6. strings

...and i'm quite sure that the change in tone will be marginal, irrespective of whatever shape you put it in.

7. Vibhendu

Vibhendu New Member

Bringing it up, still available,80k.

8. thepacifist2013

thepacifist2013 V.I.P Member

Bump for an amazing offer !
    Vibhendu, pics would add to the drool factor.

9. Vibhendu

Vibhendu New Member

Pics

Finally got down to get a few pics.

Attached Files:

10. Vibhendu

Vibhendu New Member

some more pics

Here are a few more pics:

Attached Files:

11. Vibhendu

Vibhendu New Member

And some more

a few more pics:

Attached Files:

12. Vibhendu

Vibhendu New Member

Bump, the price is 80k and the pics have been uploaded.

13. thepacifist2013

thepacifist2013 V.I.P Member

Absolutely beautiful top ! That's the kind of "restrained" flame I like. If I had that kind of money, you would not have had the guitar now.

I'm a sucker for tops.....why don't you take some pics of it outside...let the flame catch the sunlight...those tops look gorgeous when they're out in the sun...

14. Vibhendu

Vibhendu New Member

BUMP and a pointer to the pics posted later in the thread. Guys, still available, am cool with anything above 70k.

15. geniusoid

geniusoid Acoustic Alchemist

shez beautiful! Too bad I recently bought a Billie Joel Armstrong Sig series LP Jr. She'z cute too ;)

16. saarth

saarth New Member

I'm interested in this guitar.