gfx5 or g2

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by radicalz_adi, Feb 18, 2007.

1. radicalz_adi

radicalz_adi New Member

pple was thinkin over this fr a lot of time plzz temme wat shud i go for gfx or g2 cuz i don hav any processor or pedal play through ma roland amp dist,metal,stack and overdrive so wat shud i buy

2. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

Which roland amp you got? and the G2 is newer so maybe wiser to go for that..

3. TheDevil

TheDevil Ruler of Hell

yea get the g2.1u with the Wah pedal.

4. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

Or the G1X with the expression pedal.

5. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

or the Korg AX3G

6. radicalz_adi

radicalz_adi New Member

havin the cube 15.............welll gfx5 is also kinda new i think but yeah g2 and g2.u1 hav jus hit the stores.....well not the korgs tried the ax100g don like it much also thought of behringer vamp2 but i dunno if its nice gfx5 is kinda good has some stomps too and expression pedal fr sure........personally felt that zoom g2.u1 has a bad pedal(wat u all feel temme)....rest pllzzz enlighten wid ur knowledge

7. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

my G7 has a very so so average pedal...

8. thehundredthone

The "pedal" is actually the way most analog pedals switch on and off.
    There is also the new RP250 to consider.

@laneymaney: In what way is the g7 so-so?? :shock:

9. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

the crybaby simulation is very average...when we did a comparision to ronnies pedal i felt like cry(ing) baby

10. TheDevil

TheDevil Ruler of Hell

Ok so what I read online was true......Is there sumthing named as Modern Wah on it....I think that is the only good wah on the G7 ?
    Enlighten Laney !!

11. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

yes there is...but i havent got about trying it out...:s im a lazy fxxk...and i have final exams coming up lol...i will try it out today and let u know...but the CryBaby sux

12. thehundredthone

Like I said, the expression pedal is pretty crap on my 707II. I guess it carried over eh? :p:

13. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

everything RUNS in the family...only thing is few parts get modified for the better :p :)

14. Double Click

Double Click New Member

I am yet to find a proc that accurately models a good wah pedal.

15. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

ive never tried a POD...maybe that does its job well?

16. thehundredthone

I doubt. I thought the Dunlop was the worst wah out there or something?

17. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

guess thats why most famous musicians use it...Kirk Hammet , Ronnie Anand :p

18. thehundredthone

Dunno, I've seen a lot of threads bashing the Crybaby.

19. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

must be the americans...they are never satisfied with anything...

20. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

* Tim Commerford is also famous for using effects pedals on bass guitars. He uses two 105Q Bass Wahs bridged together with a piece of wood.
    * Dimebag Darrell used a Cry Baby 535Q in many of his solos.
    * Kirk Hammett uses the Cry Baby in many of his guitar solos. He is quoted as saying "The only way for you to stop me from using it is to cut off my legs."
    * Jimi Hendrix is widely considered to have been a master of the wah pedal, and was one of its earliest users. He was believed to use the Crybaby, but he more often used a Vox wah, on such recordings as "Voodoo Child (Slight Return)", in which he used the Vox Clyde McCoy model.
    * Slash uses the wah-wah pedal among other special effects.
    * Tom Morello is noted for his extensive use of effects pedals including the wah pedal.
    * John Petrucci uses a Dunlop Cry Baby Custom Shop Rack Wah.
    * Joe Satriani uses a Dunlop Cry Baby in many of his recordings.
    * Zakk Wylde uses a Dunlop Signature Model wah pedal.
    * John Frusciante uses the Dime Custom Cry Baby in many songs. He also uses an Ibanez WH-10, which is now discontinued.
    * Aaron Barrett uses a Dunlop Cry Baby wah on many songs while performing live.
    * Joe Perry uses a Cry Baby GCB-95 in many Aerosmith songs too.
    * The Edge of U2 uses one on live versions of Bullet the Blue Sky and The Fly.
    * Flea of Red Hot Chili Peppers uses a 105Q Bass CryBaby xx.
    * Adam Jones of Tool has been rumoured to use a Dunlop Crybaby 535Q, (or Dunlop Crybaby BB535, which is now discontinued).
    * Boyd Tinsley of Dave Matthews Band uses a Dunlop Cry Baby in the song Everyday.
    * Ronnie Annand of the Pipers uses a Dunlop Crybaby in some of his songs.

If they arent complaining...:)