Getting over the block

Discussion in 'Poetry and Lyrics Forum' started by eightytwo, Apr 19, 2008.

1. eightytwo

eightytwo New Member

All right! I'm sure most of you must've been here and done this before. I need help. I've got the block. I used to write a lot of songs and poems three four years ago... I then stopped... got pissed with everything I wrote and threw it away... I now want to start writing again... but the words just don't f*cking flow!

Any tips or is it something I need to give time? I keep scribbling but nothing's taking shape... Lost Love and Waiting now seems like a one off thing :(

2. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

Welcome to my life(literally). What I think you need to do (though this is not reccomended) is to force it out. Sure, it's not as good as what you'd write when things are flowing but I do think that a lot of this has to do with trying to really love every line you're writing. That normally doesn't happen for people....there's strong parts and weak parts and as long as you have an idea in your head that you can put down, you should.

I have about 12 unfinished poems/songs with me right now...some perhaps a verse away from completion but if I sit down with them, I tend not to like certain things I'd written and try to change it and make a mess. Don't do that.

3. eightytwo

eightytwo New Member

It's like I start with an idea pen down four lines, good or not, and then I just go blank. I feel as though my brain was wiped clean... I think maybe I should try later and set it aside... then when I feel OK! I can get that done, I go blank again...

Force it out seems inviting... let me try my hand at it. Thx

4. madhuresh

madhuresh madhuresh

one thing i learned u can force anythng but creativity...

and its a she ..so u preess she goes further away ...

poems or expressios with words has a crush on nave thoughts ...

so waht im saying is if u have any good thought ...belive in it that the thought is good and something beautifull will be borne ... keep caressing the thought words will fall for you !!

may be im wrong ;)

5. eightytwo

eightytwo New Member

that's another way to look at it...

6. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

If you try my way and fail, you can always try not to force it.

If you try not to force it, it might never come out.

my way or the highway.

7. eightytwo

eightytwo New Member

I've got the key...

to the highway...

Big Bill rulz, man!