getting feedback than swaying your guitar in front of the amp

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by shak, Jan 8, 2005.

1. shak

shak Harrr!

hi people..i was wondering is there any other way of getting feedback than swaying your guitar in front of the amp???

2. guns n roses

guns n roses Pro Guitarist

theres a lot of ways. If you have a mic put your mouth around it and it will cause feedback. or you can put your guitar next to your amp. I dont use feedback much.

3. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

I get unnecessary feedback from my amp. I'm looking for ways to remedy that. Anyways, just swing your guitar infront of the amp, you'll get plenty of feedback.

4. shak

shak Harrr!

thanks guys..!

5. guns n roses

guns n roses Pro Guitarist

@ disturbed - Iv had that problem.
    check if your amp gain is too high, if you are using an FX pedal limit the gain on your amp. Try moving electrical items away from your amp like Stereos, Video games, TV's, compter or anything else.

6. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

^Thanks GNR:) You recorded any new songs lately?

7. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

had started a thread abt this sometime back...but tht got converted to some poem thread :confused:....ve seen slash do the mic thing in tokyo.....
    is there anyother way to do it....i belive townshed used a lot of controlled feedback.....how does one do that...or the kind u get in estranged the intro...

8. shak

shak Harrr!

^^^yeah thats what i was talking about...i want that kind of feedback....one thing i came across is that if you really crank up tha volume and drive, play a power chord and stop abruptly..then you get a strange sustained feedback!!