gear for sale : gibson, warmoth, washburn

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by nandac, Jan 13, 2010.

1. nandac

nandac New Member

1. gibson les paul jr special plus - rare late 90s model. very good condition. beautiful amber flame maple top over mahogany back. pickups growl. with a rare strat like tummy cut. comes with gibson hardshell case. 40k.

2. warmoth maple/maple strat conversion neck - gibson scale neck on a strat. two years old and lightly used. comes with gotoh vintage tuners. 10k.

3. washburn hb35 - mid 80s clone of gibson 335. made in japan. good for jazz/blues/rock. comes with beat up hardshell case. 18k.

2. abhinavagarwal

abhinavagarwal New Member

location of the gear?

3. nandac

nandac New Member

oops sorry. i am in bangalore.

4. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

can u post the pics please

5. saarth

saarth New Member

Could you please post the serial number of the Gibson LP Jr. Special? Thank you.

6. flood

flood New Member

now if only you had the rest of the strat.... mmmmm....

i've been looking at warmoth for the last couple of days trying to figure out what i want. the range is ridiculous, and i want this to be the guitar i keep all my life, if not the last one i buy. i'm leaning towards a koa or walnut body with a maple/ebony neck, but i might have just sprung for yours if you had the whole thing there. hell, i'd even forgo my wish for a PAF in the bridge. fralin or suhr (provided they'Re noiseless) neck and mid, bareknuckle in the bridge... mmmmmmm.

7. nandac

nandac New Member

just give me a day and i will post the pics.

yea i have the body for the strat - it is a japanese fender 58 reissue with texas specials. but i dont want to sell that.

btw be careful with walnut - without the right pickups it sounds dead. try korina if you want an exotic wood. but alder/swamp ash is hard to beat for single coil strat pups. also be careful with ebony for a strat fretboard - it is supposed to cut down the highs. check brazilian rosewood or pau ferro instead.

regarding buying my neck, cost is cost - getting a finished warmoth neck at 60% of the price is always a good deal.

8. flood

flood New Member

thanks for the tips nandac.... these are all just considerations cause it's going to be at least a year, realistically speaking, that i will need to save up for this guitar.

i'm looking for a strat that isn't too overtly bright, with LOTS of sustain and a complex, differentiated tone. something that sounds almost.... grainy, in a way. so it doesn't have to be the überclassic strat at all... but should retain some amount of the character of a strat.

my first choice for a wood was koa. i'm still thinking of getting a body with a darker tone and a lot of sustain and getting an all maple neck to go with it. or alder with a mahagony/brazilian rosewood neck. warmoth has so many options it's ridiculous.

the price for your neck is definitely very attractive though. if i think i can score a body sometime this year, i'll definitely hit you up on that.

9. nandac

nandac New Member

koa i think is used more for acoustic guitars. but i have seen some electrics use it too.

you can get the unfinished body and then get it finished here in india. i got my tele thinline done that way and that turned out quite well. the finish cost my like rs 1,500.

but the neck since you hands on play it, there the finish needs to be perfect. so money spent towards that would be worth it imo.

you should also check ebay for used warmoth ones - you can get really good deals. i personally sold an almost new/mint tele warmoth body just a couple of months back for around $250 - like rs 10k.

10. nandac

nandac New Member

11. RaynerFelix

RaynerFelix New Member

Hey is your stuff still available for sale? I am interested in the Gibson. Mail me on RogerEphraim@gmail.com