Ganguly Dropped Again!!

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by Ankur_Scorpio, Dec 14, 2005.

1. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

Given the chance, some of them ( and ONLY some), could. But not before their retirement, but in the number of years, yes. I think so. Definetly not Gambhir or JP. But people like Venugopal, Dhoni and Pathan (they arent completely new but good desicion making) could maybe do it.
    As far as your imaginary suresh yadav, he can definetly score 10000 runs in about two days, taking 76 of his own wickets in a single match.

2. shsnawada

I was 6 years old in 1996. So........ whatever. Same with gavaskar..etc.
    But the worst strike rates are produced by the west indies themselves. I remember Courtney Walsh or Ambrose, looking at 5* (122) :RollLol:
    Its an achievement in its own right.

3. shsnawada

I might as well shut up after recovery tomorrow. :p: Just need some sleep.
    "Ignorance doesnt lead to despair as long as one stays ignorant." (not copied or quoted from anyone)

4. apurbajd

apurbajd ~#$&*$@*^$

Boy! quite an acheievment for walsh and Ambrose.. :RollLol: didnt knew that.... why I asked that was cuz ... no1 finds any wrong with Sachin (no matter how much he messes it up). I know he is one of the greatest player of all time ....but take it , he has lost his form many a times..... so is the case with Ganguly .... if Sachin deserves a chance ... so does Sourav ...

5. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

dude..... suresh yadav = suresh raina.
    jp raina = jp yadav.

you are from bangalorru right???
    i know the type = cant improvise or think outside the box - look at dravid. one nerdy batsman.

and venu isnt gonna score 10000 runs, unless you add his ranji record to his school record to his odi record.

dhoni IS a good bat, esp for a wicket keep.
    pathan is a good bowler and decent bat.

i was talking of all the clowns that they roped in as potential replacements og ganguly. they wont be able to fill his shoes TOGETHER.

and you can forget about getting a captain like ganguly, unless pataudi comes back that is.

6. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

nice attempt at changing subject.

7. shsnawada

Ehm...... I'm not really from there. I'm from Karnataka (not JUST bengaluru, but mysore....etc upto manglore; mengaluru?), I'm also a telugu guy (not just one place again). Thats going up one generation. I myself was born and brought up in Tamil Nadu, so yeah i'm a tamilian.
    And what you said explains what you were: " You come from that place, you should be that"

And for how long can ganguly play? Untill he's 40 or what? And whats wrong with looking for alternatives? Wasim definatly seems interesting.
    And Dhoni is good: For a batsman.
    And dont you think saying that they wont be able to filll his shoes together is a bit fanboyish?
    And sorry because i dont have the ability to think that this is a conference of some sort and stay dead on topic at all times. *calls for order of the day*. *table ammendment*

8. apurbajd

apurbajd ~#$&*$@*^$

Yeah! I knw Ganguly cant play forever ... no one can ...bt whatever you feel Wasim is nt the alternative ... no one can be to be precise... Like no can take Sachin's place ...no one can take Sourav's place also ...... And this is not the time Ganguly should leave the gam e... he still has a lot more cricket left in him ... more than some so-called talented, promising or whatever youngsters...

9. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

lmao your answer confirmed everything you wrote in the first para.

ganguly can play another 5 years.
    why fix something if it aint broke??

if ganguly's age is the reason, why the hell is dravid, kumble and tendulkar and lax playing???

wasim jafar is another sanjay bangar.

and yes they wont fill his shoes together - thats not fanboyish, thats realistic.
    and its such a relief not to have to answer another of your uncricketing posts.

10. anshphenomenon

anshphenomenon Rape me :boff:

i think the cricket body shd be governed by Govt..and not BCCI....

11. Mudit Malhotra

Mudit Malhotra BLOODY FINGERED

@ansh bro it is governed by govt tabi to all crap happening lol
    i mean if only bci has to take decisions then thr wud b lesser crap but as govt peeps all crap starts

12. anshphenomenon

i meant directly under the Ministry of Sports ...headed by the union sports minister
    not BCCI chief..

13. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

heard it looong back...

Indian Team is owned by BCCI, they play for BCCi not for the Ministry of sports, BCCI is a totally diff body

enlighten me on this, somebody

14. anshphenomenon

^^that is what i mean...

15. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

so tht means they dont represent the country when they play....just the board which controls them

weird :shock:

16. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

There is a difference between politics and politicians. Ganguly's exclusion can be attributed to politics.

That is a sign of a man in form. Are you trying to say that Ganguly does not score quickly under most circumstances?

This is where you totally go off your rocker. Okay, I'll let the Laxman issue slide....but Ganguly not dealing in singles? You just don't know what you're saying here dude. He's not a great runner between the wickets but that is certainly not the same thing as not taking singles. Ganguly thrives on singles...more so in ODI's. As for the off-side thing...where on earth would you hit a ball if it is wide outside the off-stump? It not only would but also has happened with pretty much every batsman in world cricket. Just because the bowler goes onto a negative line does not mean you lose your head. It's like Ashley Giles with his leg stump line when he came to India. He bogged Sachin down and ultimately a frustrated Sachin lost his head and his wicket. You're left, in the end, with neither your wicket nor your runs.

Now if you want to get into average strike rates, then you should perhaps go into average scores also. Aha! Sourav, according to averages, gets at least 40 runs every time he goes out to bat. There is your consistency. His average in ODI's, until the slump, was higher than Sachins.

If 77 of 168 is below what you expect, I feel you should re-evaluate your expectations. While positive cricket does help, it can also burn down your house....a classic example of positive cricket doing more harm than good would be the 3rd test in Australia which we lost and Sehwag blitzed a 195.

In the last few series abroad...he's got centuries against England and Australia. I should think that rests the case about his ability to handle pressure in conditions which supposedly cause him grief.

So it is better to give someone who has done nothing significant at the international level at the expense of someone who scored centuries in his 1st two tests, someone who is second only to Sachin in number of ODI hundreds, has 15000 runs at an average of 40+ in both versions of the game and is also a good captain?

17. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

i predict india will be thrashed by england and pakistan and then either

1> we kick that firang out and reinstall ganguly
    or
    2> end up like zimbawae cricket.

18. anshphenomenon

^^i want the 1st to happen...

19. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

and the rest of you??

thread starter pls add poll if possible.....or mods pls help.

20. apurbajd

apurbajd ~#$&*$@*^$

1st one of course .........