FTP client

Discussion in 'Computer Forum' started by DrSaurabh, Apr 10, 2005.

1. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

can anyone suggest a downloadable free FTP client :) please :please:

2. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

hmmm....i dont get this.....all you people hate me or what.....it always takes forever for me to get replies for my threads :eek:: :confused: :cry1:

3. Nayan

Nayan .:Humblebee Jumble:.

try www.coreftp.com

or you can as well learn a few commands to use the ftp client that comes with the operating system.

4. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

I doubt any IGTian hates you saurabh! ;)

I use cuteftp pro which is not free but i know of some which i have listed below, hope this helps.

SmartFTP

SmartFTP allows you to transfer files across the Internet. It features an Explorer-like customizable interface and supports drag-and-drop functions. Multiple FTP connections can be opened at the same time, and you can copy files from one remote host to another (FXP).

Download

AceFTP

AceFTP transfers files over the Internet. Its drag-and-drop interface, designed in a Windows XP fashion, lets you transfer files quickly and efficiently and lets you navigate with ease among folders, Web sites, and your computer.

Download

CoffeeCup Free FTP

CoffeeCup Free FTP is an easy-to-use FTP client for file uploads and downloads. It allows you to use an unlimited number of FTP accounts, resume broken downloads, and transfer binary, ASCII, or automode files.

Download

Core FTP Lite

This fast and free FTP client with SFTP/SSH and SSL/TLS has browser integration, FTP/HTTP/SOCKS proxy, drag and drop, a site manager, a session manager, a queue manager, custom screens, bandwidth control, caching, auto-transfer, retry/resume, auto-reconnect options, auto S/key, remote file-searching, advanced directory listings, start/stop/resume of transfers, chmod, and many other features.

Download

5. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

thanx a billion neo...........downloading core ftp........thanx a lot......
    thanx nayan..but using the ftp with the OS is not m cuppa....am a doc man.....harcore programing and stuff is kinda over th head......tho i wanna learn :)

6. Nayan

one of my mates an Orthopeadic Surgeon... he has done a fantastic job programming a cool medical software himself... :nw:

7. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

i know re.....pan...ekda thodi gochi zhaali ki zhali re
    wanna learn tho
    ok...i ended up downloading filezilla
    how do i make it work ?:confused:

8. Nayan

That is right... :eek:)...

Install it, run it

then type in the address of the FTP server that you want to connect to in the address box provided... and the username and password if you have one... Then press connect... On successfully connecting to the server you will be displayed with the files on the server in the directory that you have connected to ... then on it will be quite intuitive...