Free recording software for recorsing songs with clear vocals over it

Discussion in 'Computer Forum' started by Devilshly_Pur$, May 3, 2006.

1. .:SpY_GaMe:.

.:SpY_GaMe:. New Member

what features????

coz audaciy is free

if u r talking abt the lame files req to export what u have recorded at mp3 then u need to download it from the audacity site

2. ^ well spy...i want to ask one more thing...do you know what kind of effects u can give to the vocals...im confused and dont know nething bout this ...

3. slipknot_555

slipknot_555 RuHH..

lol u can download the software n get a crack file downloaded so like ur done wid tht warez..for rec u need a good software .for my band rec i use mp3 audio mixer for mixin n nuendo n flstudio for effects n editing...

Nuendo is quite a complicated software so like flstudio is will do.

4. ^ got it wrong.... what are the common vocals effect...u can give to your recording...that was my question...

5. CrYpTiC_angel

CrYpTiC_angel Rebelle!

reverb... echo.......

look around, experiment

@sayan

too big to d/l?? ever heard of broadband connectivity? :grin:

6. vishalj

vishalj Banned

Search some torrent sites.

7. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

WHo nEEdS A SofTwARe? HerE is ThE GuRu :grin: ur Sw Is A pM away :grin:

8. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

For Recording Use Sound forge if you are doing a single track project. Use Cakewalk Sonar (Or Simple Cakewalk) if that's a multi track project.
    After Recording, at first, cut the unwanted noise.. For Sound forge go to process>Smooth/enhance and experiment. Then use little reverb (Don't give it much or your song wil turn into a "Band BaaZa".).. I personally do not prefer using Echo bcoz it kills the natural thing in your song.... But you can always Xperiment. Keep one thing in mind... ctrl+Z is always present for you :)

9. satch_attack

satch_attack New Member

ahh..its illegal to ask for warez links in a forum !!!!!!!!!!!! try pmin some1 but that maybe illegal to ...ur best bet is torrents ..but ..its a pain to setup and the speeds can be bad ...and if ur goin to dl adobe auditon and cool edit pro which are like 50-600mb !!!...it il take a long time ....

best bet is ...to buy one of these computer magazines and get the "demo" of these programs .....afta tht ,,u can use a "crack" to use it like a purchased version but askin for the crack here is also wrong..ur best friend here is google..

actually..audiocity is more than enof for multi-track recordin ..and .its the easiest to use to...ucan also use sound forge but then..it also comes wit a "price"

10. sayanakaharry

sayanakaharry Forum Leader

@cryptic angel

yeah, i;ve heard of it. i'm using it ;)
    wat i meant was that since both are paid softwares its not ethical to get them off the internet. got ma point? ;)

11. CrYpTiC_angel

CrYpTiC_angel Rebelle!

^ But what about downloading legally?
    :think:

What if I pay be credit card and download from their site. They sent me the key via email/phone.
    I enter and use the pro version?

Then .....
    Is that un-ethical?

12. sayanakaharry

naah, if they have such a provision, its not unethical at all.

btw, are you planning to do that? ;) then plz consult me b4 actually doin it.

13. thanks sugata...so u prefer sound forge or cakewalk...cuz i want to use multitrack software..

14. CrYpTiC_angel

CrYpTiC_angel Rebelle!

HAHAHHEHEHAHAHAHAHOHHHOHIHIHRHWRHQWUFHWUOF lollololololololololololololol 1337 1337

You a consultant or agent ;)
    And you can get me a better deal?
    :grin:

HAHAHHEHEHAHAHAHAHOHHHOHIHIHRHWRHQWUFHWUOF lollololololololololololololol 1337 1337

15. sayanakaharry

think that might be possible ;) what software is it that you want, ma'am?

16. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

I would prefer Cakewalk sonar coz it has got professional studio effects :) If you don't have it, go for Cakewalk pro audio 9. Do not do it with Nero or Soundforge, or you will face the dubbing problem. I mean, if you record voice and the backing track in seperate track, those will not match. Also you will not be able to use MIDI tracks if you do not use cakewalk like softwares (Ask Sayan coz he has made a S.O.L.I.D. composition using MIDI backing tracks). So, wish you best of luck.

BTW:- If you want to use MIDI backing track for the rythm (even lead or bass...Virtually anything, but drumming is tough and takes some knowledge) try Guitar pro and export the output made with GP as MIDI file and import it to cakewalk and it's ready!

17. pushedaway

pushedaway New Member

Pros have rated Acoustica Mixcraft as Garage Band's replacement. It's pretty easy to use, i've recently started using it. Garage Band is a Mac Software, it doesnt support Windows. So thats why i'm using Mixcraft, but the only problem i'm facing is the effects thing. I cant find any effects in it. Though there is an effect panel, but it only works after when you've recorded you voice or instrument, it doesnt give live effects like Garage Band or softwares like Adobe Audition do. But i find Adobe Audition really hard to use, so i dont use it anymore, i now use Mixcraft, its really easy to use, especially for the karaoke sessions you were talkin about but i couldnt find any effects in it, so if you try Mixcraft and you find the effects, please do tell us!