Free recording software for recorsing songs with clear vocals over it

Discussion in 'Computer Forum' started by Devilshly_Pur$, May 3, 2006.

1. hey guys, as i have posted my recordings on IGT...i have got replies most of time that the vocals are not clear..is there ne way that we can record the song and than record clear vocals over that..if yes than plz tell me ne simple and free software..thanks..

2. CrYpTiC_angel

CrYpTiC_angel Rebelle!

u mean u need a multitrack recording software...

free and simple to use--> audacity

3. ^ tell me if im wrong...i want to add my voice to already recorded songs..by my band...

4. CrYpTiC_angel

CrYpTiC_angel Rebelle!

sure.. jst load that song into audacity and record :)

It'll record on another track, along with the earlier one.

5. and what bout the effects i want to give to my voice..it will process the effect with the recording or i have to give that after recording...just a query...

6. CrYpTiC_angel

CrYpTiC_angel Rebelle!

after recording, jst select ur track and choose whichever effects u want to apply

7. ok thanks cryptic_angel

8. CrYpTiC_angel

CrYpTiC_angel Rebelle!

ur welcome!

bjr likes this.
  9. abhimanjrekar

abhimanjrekar ----> Zhol-Man<----

ya audacity is best for that...but it gives a second late timing difference in case of overlaappings....checck for that too devil if u using that...atleast its troublin me here....

10. CrYpTiC_angel

CrYpTiC_angel Rebelle!

I use Adobe audition though.

Use that if u can get ur hands on it.

11. notty_lad

notty_lad sudo undress

I have used audacity most of the time for recordings .. But I would advise u not to use it .. U'l have a lotta problems when u want to overlap different tracks .. Use Adobe audition .. n just navigate you'll get hold of the effects ..

12. vishalj

vishalj Banned

I prefer Cool Edit Pro over Audacity.

13. well thanks guys..but which is the easiest one and free on the internet..so that i can download it..

14. sayanakaharry

sayanakaharry Forum Leader

adobe audition and cool edit pro are both big softwares so you cant download them. audacity is free and downloadable, and you can use it to achieve your purpose, but it'll have the problems that cheap things always have. but i think you can do a good job with it. as for the overlap latency people are talking about, if you have a fast enough PC, and can configure the app correctly that can be minimized.

15. notty_lad

notty_lad sudo undress

^If there is a config setting Do u know what it is ? Coz I tried a lot .. but all in vain .. I'm talkin bout Audacity ..

16. abhimanjrekar

abhimanjrekar ----> Zhol-Man<----

^^ im also in line for that...

17. vishalj

vishalj Banned

Err.. no. I have both of them. Downloaded.

18. ^hey plz tell me the site from where u have downloaded the softwares..

19. .:SpY_GaMe:.

.:SpY_GaMe:. New Member

use audacity simple to use n u can edit all the things

20. @spy actually i tried audacity... but i dont have the full version and some features are not working...