Frank Gambale Concert Rewiews - Please Post Here

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by ronnieanand, Dec 7, 2006.

1. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Please post your concert reviews here....

In a nutshell it was mind blowing......Frank Gambale was shredding like he's gonna die the next morning and was having the last chance to play. He was inhuman....Well....who wasn't inhuman there.....Bunny Brunell :nw: :nw: :nw: 8 finger tapping on bass. He had a nice trick. He'd play a natural harmonic on bass and then slide the harmonic. He was so perfect with the harmonic that he could even play a song with only harmonics.....Inhuman Keyboardist.......He was using a Wah pedal too :) .....Inhuman Drummer.......a very discouraging performance.....Most drummer would have quit after seeing him....I am sure he has around 8 legs and 8 hands.....

All you guys who missed the concert....."You missed something really amazing"

HYD guys, please watch it....

2. real_illusions

real_illusions Clapton Is GOD

one of the best concerts ever.....except for the singer they brought out to do sandeep chowta songs. i still can't get over how awesome they played babuji till the damn vocals started(sounded like a dying sheep).
    the drum solo itself was worth the 500 bucks i paid. and since somene was in my seat, i got to go down in front for free so it was even more awesome.
    my favs were "song for wayne", "ivanhoe" and the one before ivanhoe.

3. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Hmmmm, the damn ticket is mighty expensive though

4. zicky5608

zicky5608 Power Shortage

Anyone gon upload the VDO?

5. Double Click

Double Click New Member

Damn VTU for keeping these exams... Damn them :mad: :mad:

6. rohit

rohit New Member

i also was not able to go due to exams.may be next time.
    but i am going to watch john mclaughlin with zakir hussain (remember shakti)on sunday.

7. ronnieanand

Tickets were not expensive........I took the Rs.500 one and the orgnaizers sent us in for the Rs.1000 seating...But the Rs.500 ticket seating were far better. They were in the Balcony and the sound clarity was far better. Then towards the end, I went and set near the first row and it was miserable hearing in such high volumes...

8. chintan9

chintan9 yay! i won the ipod!

I so badly wanted to come but my exams werent lettin me :(

9. sridhar11_2

sridhar11_2 Instrumental guitarist

I loved the show. My favourite was Cab...now i'm curious as to how good the original with Tony MacAlpine is compared to this version with Gambale.

10. chintan9

chintan9 yay! i won the ipod!

any one going for deep purple?? i need company :(

11. sridhar11_2

sridhar11_2 Instrumental guitarist

well i'm out....no cash left

12. ronnieanand

I am going for Deep Purple.....I will be going to every good Rock band that comes to Bangalore...So you can always count on me.........

13. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

As I said the Show in Mumbai rocked.. Yes the Drimmer was Fantastic....