For The Love Of God Cover- Steve Vai

Discussion in 'IGT Soundtrack - Your Band, Your Gig, Your Music' started by god_of_guitar, May 10, 2007.

1. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

this is a cover of my favourite song- For The Love Of God by Steve Vai.. Ive Played It through an RG550 87" reissue, a podxt live and randall tc50..
    the amp and proccesor belong to my friend... i tried my best( yes this is my best) i hope i did justice to the song.. plz reply and point out the positives and negatives so tht i can improve on it.. thnxx

2. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

3. anshphenomenon

anshphenomenon Rape me :boff:

nice work.

4. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

hey guys 16 views and 1 reply .. cmon, its not tht bad

5. getshorty80

getshorty80 New Member

nice one there mate the recording could have been better thought it was a bit too noisy other then that no complaints

6. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

thnx man.. ya the recording wasnt good.. ill record it nicely one more time soon

7. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Great, it sounds good in most of the parts.
    Some parts were like you hurried thru, whereas Vai gets into the skin of the song and lives it slowly. Anyway he composed the song ...

The tone was nasal like Boss MT-2. So thats how the POD sounds like?

I cannot play even half as good as you, so no further comments.

8. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

you didnt tell us about the POD EX TEE and the Randall...whered u get the randall froem?

nice playing...i wish i cud play like that

9. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

I am hearing now...so running comments....

Intro is Kick Ass....
    When you repeat the intro like restatement, some string muting noise...but still kick ass...
    Verse and Solo.....Kick Ass.....
    Wah work has room for improvements and the fast picking part that leads to an improvised version of the intro riff shows that you were struggling there a bit..Still Kick ass....
    And end was annoying....

Nothing very specific...Keep playing it......

Good recording would have been great but I still enjoyed it more than the original version...Me not a fan of Vai but a fan of good playing anyday...Great going..

10. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

^ But you would agree with me in saying that POD's tone sucked hard.

11. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

thnx guys for the replies.. ill definatly try to improve the mistakes i did
    @laney.. the pod and the randall belong to my friend but is with me for a week as he is out.. :)

12. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

cmon guys 90 view and just 4-5 people replied.. please comment.. positive and negative .. both are welcome :annoyed: