FLoyd Vs. Korn

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by guns n roses, Feb 3, 2005.

?

Which "Another Brick In The Wall" version do you like?

Poll closed Feb 13, 2005.
  1. Pink Floyd

72.7%
  2. Korn

27.3%
  1. guns n roses

guns n roses Pro Guitarist

ACtually @ Dennis, this is very ironic.

Slash actually does not use a pedal at ALL for distortion. He uses a Marshall amp for distortion :p:. The only time he uses a pedal is either a wah solo or anything else. <im talkin about the GN'R days. VR has Kushner and he's loaded with pedals from A 2 Z.

2. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

^I never knew that, nice piece of info.
    @dennis, you said it, Pink Floyd isnt for headbangers, their purpose is conveyed through their music, and simply put, i think it's quite brilliant. I like Korn too, but i dont like their version of Another Brick in the Wall.

3. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

^^^ i dont use a distortion pedal too :p:

4. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

lolz@GnR-didnt know that.

5. guns n roses

i use a RP100 and a Dunlop Wah board. Im a Slash guy. :cool:

6. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

..wudve guessed that :)

7. guns n roses

thanks. i needed that. :D

8. rechts_234

rechts_234 New Member

the manson verision is much better

9. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

the reason y i find pink floyd's another brick in the wall version better is only due to Dave Gilmours excellent use of Fender ...
    otherwise Roger Waters album (The Wall) is lost in its time and revered for its antiquity ...
    Korn definitley rox ... however delving into the musical sense i feel that Floyd is defenitely more melodious, Korn is more of aggression ...
    guess each one reflects the changing time and attitudes ...
    in fact most of the oldies will prefer Pink Floyd, but the new blood will surely have some more inclination towards Korn

hey b.t.w. it is absolute crap that Slash relies only on his Marshall to get the overdrive (that is the correct term - not distortion) ... coz in live shows u cannot keep on flipping from clean to warm overdrive to full overdrive ... not even with the MIDI control ... u just gotta have a digital signal processing device ... and in studio albums ... usually the players keep an overdrive pedal before the warm overdive (or clean tone) of amp ... in order to get the "distortion"

10. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Oh my God. What a comparison ?
    Whom do you think is a better guitarist
    Joe Satriani or Britney Spears if she had learnt guitar. I think Britney Spears rocks. Every self respecting Head Banger, Metal Monger will agree that they love Britney Spears too. She is goddess of Heavy Metal guitars. Unfortunately she didn't learn guitar else she'd have kicked all the guitar player's a.sses. Have you heard her version of Hangar 18. Marty Friedman would commit suicide if he heard. Fortunately she saved Marty's life by not playing it. Pantera wanted to make a whole album cover of Britney's Heavy Metal songs. Dimebag's playing was not upto the mark of what Britney could have achieved. Her only competition in guitar is maybe Pamela Anderson if she had learnt guitar. Pam rocks. Tommy Lee figured this out long back.
    Britney and Pam are the best rockers. :nw: :nw:
    :rock:

11. thecoolone

thecoolone Judas Priest My Guide

FLOYD no doubt...... always the originals songs have the creative energy behind it where as a cover is just reenactin the original

12. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

hey ronnie ..

u gone bonkers ...

13. ronnieanand

Hey Slayer,
    With these kind of comparisons, what do you expect me to be. Everybody here in this thread have already gone boners, so I am adding my quota of total bull crap to this.

I assume that you are a Britney Fan too :rock:

14. JAZZ

JAZZ New Member

comparision make no sense....

i cud b like that Led Zep Vs Pink floyd...... or Pink floyd vs metallica ...then it make sense....

pink floyd is far better...

15. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

hey man ronnie ... u hit the nail on the head ...

i LOVE Britney Spears ...
    really i mean it ...

16. ronnieanand

These comparisons and polls just bring in ego clash with people and makes way for no information exchange. Just rightly pointed out by someone as the most ridiculuous use of bandwidth.

Somebody Said Britney Sux - She's been doing it right from her puberty, so what ??
    Stilly Britney Rocks :nw: :nw:

17. JAZZ

JAZZ New Member

^^^y dont u make a thread ???

Britney spears Vs Metallica ???

18. deathdr_87

deathdr_87 Awesome Guitarist

hahahahhahahahahahahaahhhahaaaaaaaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahha

thats so funny......

how can u compare pink floyd and korn?

19. ronnieanand

Britney wins Hands Down. Metallica sux. Britney Rules :nw: :nw:

Britney is Riff Goddess :nw: :nw:
    Britney is Metal Goddess :nw: :nw:

20. cYpHeR

cYpHeR Banned

ronnie man...did smone bite u or u were already havin a britney fetish?