Floyd Rose bridge and String Height

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by Speculator, Apr 16, 2005.

1. Speculator

Speculator New Member

I've never used a Floyd rose bridge before . I'm buying a guitar with a floyd rose

Can you please please explain how to adjust the string height (action)

Is it like the vintage bridge? Using an Alan
    Wrench and lower the saddles the same way?

Also how do you change strings?

Thanks in advance!!!

2. chintan9

chintan9 yay! i won the ipod!

3. deathdr_87

deathdr_87 Awesome Guitarist

niormally gutiars use licensed fr bridges - thus theyre not identical but only very similar -

diff. guitar companies will thus ahve diff. ways - when u buy ur guitar - ull get a manual with it - itll tell u in detail how to adjust action..

but yes - itll be with a wrench

4. Speculator

Speculator New Member

I bought it from this stupid shop called Pro Music in Chennai and they are not supplying any manual and they say they don
    't have any wrenches

Please help!!!!!!

Where do i get the wrenches ? Can you get it for me, if you live in Chennai?

I'm stuck with a guitar and no Alan Wrench or anything

5. chintan9

chintan9 yay! i won the ipod!

get that 'army knife' thingy. The original VICTORINOX is super expensive. Look for a remake or something. Super useful!

My VICTORINOX has like 12 different heads.

6. stoned_survival

stoned_survival New Member

dude r u talkin about an alan key ---well since i know som stuff abt hardware ---u know what u could do ---u could go to one of those "industrial hardware" stores ---places where u get screws and stuff and ask them for the alan keys--damn cheap ---i use one of those wod my ibanez

7. stoned_survival

stoned_survival New Member

nd u know what ---its max gonna cost u Rs 2 :):):)

8. deathdr_87

deathdr_87 Awesome Guitarist

haha ya - that sounds good - ut dont mind spening 5 rs. more and getting a good quality one that wont wear off your screws...