Fixing Hobner f-cut acoustic neck-rod!

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by surenderpanthri, Feb 13, 2006.

1. surenderpanthri

surenderpanthri New Member

Hi everyone!

I am new to the forum and find it really cool. I have just started learning. Recently I have been facing trouble tuning my guitar (Hobner f-cut acoustic ... dunno anything more about the model ...). The strings can't stop buzzing, which is quiet irritating. I've tried everything i.e. shifting the bridge, changing strings, cleaning the frets ... I think I need to adjust the neck-rod ... am not too sure ... can anybody rescue me?

Please do!

Surender

2. born2tab

born2tab rhythm guitarist

Hi ,

Dude the buzzing sound may be due to the gap between the chords and the rubber pad near the neck of the hobner...:eek::
    I too have a hobner though but no such probs..But the usual problem with hobners is that sometimes where the string leaves the first fret nearthe neck , it passes a small rubber or a plastic bridge..But some times due to careless stringing the gap becomes larger and the string gets room to oscillate rather than vibrate..:mad:
    To get rid of this , u need to replace that neck bridge with a new onw and properly wire the guitar.:beer:

3. CrYpTiC_angel

CrYpTiC_angel Rebelle!

Now I'm quite a noob at this but I'll tell u what I know.. This maybe coz ur neck is getting warped (forgive me if i'm wrong :nw: ).

I used to play my frnd's old acoustic and it used to buzz seemingly without any reason.. someone suggested I loosen the strings when I'm done playing and tune it again the next day when I wanna play.

Seemed to work...

4. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

Just raise the action a little and I think that should solve it. If not, do not try to be innovative....it is better to have an experienced person take a look at it.