first facial transplant ...

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by shak, Dec 2, 2005.

1. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

^^ We have the same minds. :beer: I get disgusted thinking about reality (forgive the offensive language; reality is an offensive word in this case) of this sort.
    But luckily enough there's been no plans of having a cosmetic use of face transplants........yet.

2. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

Naah, i dont agree with u.
    Freedom is the ability to do whatever u want whenever u want. If somebody is exercising this freedom doesnt mean he is losing his individuality. Its his life...Cmon!!Who are u to decide whether he/she has lost his/her sense of individuality.??

..no offense intended ;)

3. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

While I completely agree with you, I don't think that's quite what he meant. He was talking about obsession due to (and which also leads to) peer pressure and the compulsive need to conform to a standard which includes being hep, having a girlfriend, having expensive pastimes which might not even actually be affordable and wishing to be everything you are not. Once peer pressure gets to you, it is no longer your individuality which decides what you do.

But then again, differentiating between the two is quite tough. How do we ourselves know why we are doing what we are doing...?