Feedback requested- New guitar and Amp

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by vivekbarun, Nov 18, 2010.

1. guitardoctor

guitardoctor Will Rx for food

Wow that thread fits well...

I think if your budget is that small it's better to save up and wait around a bit... Please don't go for Givsons guys... They are really horrible.

Alternatively buy second hand, although I understand that first timers have a great deal of hesitation with buying a warranty-less guitar on their first buy (I know that feeling first hand ;) )

Hmmm... Recently I've been seeing too many such threads on IGT... If things go as planned, Delhi noobs might want to keep an eye out for my Avion AV1 around January (mint condition with 2 years warranty still on it)... That should be a good bargain for any beginner on a really tight budget wanting to pick up a decent guitar...

2. rktpro

rktpro New Member

well.....thanks...will go for yamaha acoustics.......

3. rktpro

rktpro New Member

i guess i will buy yamaha pacifica 012...:D.........it looks good, sounds good, and of a good brand too!

4. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

Are you a kid buying some cadbury?

5. ultrabot90

ultrabot90 Like fishes need bicycles

Brand? More jackassery. Marshall makes MGs. Are they good? No. Ibanez makes GRGs. Are they good? No. There goes your brand for you. @your sig - When you were born, God probably broke up his own guitar. :|

I say you do what GuitarDoctor said in that thread, buy a Givson and a Stranger, and hope to evolve (read alpha1s post about that) beyond them one day,

6. CARLOS SANTANA

CARLOS SANTANA New Member

@tushar.. decide first...u said u wanna buy acoustic ...den u said u wanna buy yamaha pacifia wich is electric..nd u say dat u cant spend more than 6k on electric...forget about electric if u cant spend more than 6k..even for beginner level 6k is nt sufficient u wont feel like playing it....keep practicing mroe on acoustic for now till u get a good budget..coz u need to buy amp too.. :p budget like 10-20 or if u can get mroe dan 20 u will have lot of good choice between 20-30-40.. :D aah u wud get kirk's signature model nd alexi laiho's signature model at 30s.. :p...lol forget all those..save money dude..

7. ultrabot90

I really doubt if those are the actual signature guitars. I think they're more likely to be roughly based on, or dumbed down versions of, the originals. The latter would run into lakhs.

Anyway, chill out with that newfag. Let him be...there are thousands more from where he comes. Time will teach 'em.

8. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

Signature thing is totally outta question for a n00b... Its too early for him to fall for a signature guitar...

9. CARLOS SANTANA

ya obviously...he shud utilise more of what he has now..
    and now
    I NEED HELP
    i tried posting on the tips nd learning forum but some admin prob..
    so im asking here.
    gimme some tips on pinch harmonics.. i hafta try like 20times nd den it squeaks...nd dat too on g string 7th/9th fret nd somethimes on high e...it doesnt squeaks on all frets all string...nd i hafta hits it again nd again to make it squeal...
    SO TIPS AND SUGGESTIONS ARE APPRECIATED.

10. rktpro

rktpro New Member

will buy a yamaha pacifica n practice a lot on it................n dad will by 1 for me...................
    I think practice makes u a good guitarist not your guitar!

11. ultrabot90

No. Both are equally important. There's a reason why some guitars cost upwards of $2000.

@Carlos...dude, epic phail. Try to understand what you do right when it comes out right out of the 20 times you try. That's all there is to it, that happened to me too...what, five years ago? :|

12. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

I beg to differ.. You mean Slash will not sound the same if he plays it on a pac?

13. rktpro

rktpro New Member

which one is better to buy( tell d better one...don say both r crap)

Stranger Amplifier - Cube 20
    Vox Amplug Metal

14. CARLOS SANTANA

vox amplug is a wireless unit i guess..it not a full on amplifier with ne distortion or ne other effects...nt much sure..just saw amplug at furtados few weeks back..

15. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

Alder wood, 25.5" scale and single coils, I daresay he'll sound different.

That's a technicality though, but gear definitely matters. Even Yngwie won't be able to shred on a Givson with uneven frets and string buzz.

16. ultrabot90

His technique and stylistic bit will sound the same. But since no two guitars sound the same, so the answer is - OF COURSE NOT :p

@EFG (bwahahaha) - It's not a wireless. You need something like headphones or PC speakers with it.
    https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v680/ekimdrachir/internet/Epic-fail-guy-dance.gif

17. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

Ya there will be some difference because of the guitar(he plays a multi thousand Gibson) but i wanna say that he'll still sound sweet and so very Slash even with a pac.. Much better than we cud ever imagine anyone with a pac..
    No body starts with an awesome guitar at first.. its the dedication to excel that makes them become better..

18. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

I have used the Amplug and it sounded decent to me. Used it with normal 2.1 speakers...
    But i wud suggest you to buy an amp instead..Even if its a Stranger..

btw this thing looks sweet to me.. :)

19. rktpro

rktpro New Member

how it sounds when connected to speakers of pc......
    I have speakers of CREATIVE( 2.1 channel)

20. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

DON'T BUY IT.. BUY AN AMP INSTEAD.. did i stressed enough?