Favorite Seven String Bands

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by Mr. Scary, Jun 24, 2005.

1. chintan9

chintan9 yay! i won the ipod!

MESHUGGAH- \m/ CHOIRS OF DEVASTATION

2. tejas

tejas ..........

Nevermore
    Morbid Angel
    Emperor
    Steve Vai

Hmm....thats about all the seven string work I listen to.

3. Mr. Scary

Mr. Scary Bass-tard Child

Nice 7420 you got there! I own a 7620, im thinking of trading it in for a 1527.

4. Mr. Scary

Wait, are you serious?!?!?! I always thought they used six string guitars...just tuned to B.

5. chintan9

chintan9 yay! i won the ipod!

yup i think your right. looked through all the videos and its all 6string. SORRY! Anyways if this is the case how the F#$K do they tune the floating bridge. Do they use additional springs? coz otherwise the strings would be floating like elastic bands.

6. Mr. Scary

On my six string, i used to use an extra spring at the back and loosen the tension.

7. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

These ones (i think):

Cannibal Corpse: Real good stuff, but no real innovation in time. Nothing fresh comming out. Superb solos by Jack Owens especially in spine splitter (actually the list never really ends)
    Fear Factory (the old stuff): Heavy all the way (except 'digmortal' & 'hatefiles'). No fancy solos. Speed is what matters.
    Morbid Angel: Any comment needed?

8. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

9. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

Dream Theater baby!!!!!!!!!...the best band on die planet

Change of seasons is played on a 7 stringer...the songs too ultimate!!

ps:personal Opinion

10. kw400

kw400 New Member

Mr Scary ... thx for your comments about my 7420 .... 1527 is also a great guitar .... The only thing with my RG 7420 is that the gain is less than my custom Ibanez .... I am planning on changing my bridge pickup and most probably getting a Dimarzio humbucker .

Change of Seasons is def a great track. I have a lot of fun playing it on my 7 string. I sometimes play the intro arpeggios during my warm up and its not very easy to play and at the same time holds that musical tension which makes you want to go over the edge.... John Petrucci is very inspiring .

Cheers,
    kW