Father and Son - Cat Stevens - Cover

Discussion in 'IGT Soundtrack - Your Band, Your Gig, Your Music' started by jozko, Sep 7, 2006.

1. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

You might be struggling with strumming patterns but you've still got a good right hand. By strumming hand, I meant the way you hit the strings. I have a lot of friends who are decent guitarists but have an awful strumming hand....heck, I'm one of them (decent, of course, being a very relative term).

2. jozko

jozko Banned

bjr, if you noticed, my hand is not moving in 'pendulum fashion' as is written in many strumming lessons on Internet. for e.g., Bandbaaja in his article here. So 'technically' I believe I am all wrong strumming. But I am happy just to try some songs i like, to my satisfaction.
    Honestly strumming most songs/patterns like this is not difficult for me, I am struggling with clean execution.

To make it clear, if you have time plz chk my Dilko video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0OFHqNUT0w) and Jayswami's vdo(https://vorlon.cwru.edu/~jayen/jjjjj-mp3/ondra.avi). My rythm is different. Jay's strumming is so clean, crisp and hand movements everything so smooth. Js videos been my important source of learning, still I ended up with a rythm which I prefer more than Jays (i mean this song). I am not keen on improving 'dilko' pattern.. only want to make it sound cleaner, perhaps with plectrum and practice.

I am damn sure that J's is technically and rythmically correct way of strumming. I'd be happy if u leave me a personal note about your thoughts after checking both, if u have free time of course.

bjr, also thanks for feedbacks which are very valuable and main reason why i started posting videos, rgds

3. DJ-ROCK

DJ-ROCK Member

just got free from my exams a week before and i now searched this thread to post here.......dude u rock .....especially i loved the guitaring....:rockon:

4. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

When I say you have a good right hand, I'm not really talking about being technically correct. I'm talking about how it sounds...you'll notice a lot of players tend to hurt your ears or perhaps irritate you when they're playing the same chords as you are. Different people have different rythm hands and it's a difficult thing to change(perhaps it is inborn?).

I figure you're trolling through the site so I thought I'd reply to a post I hadn't seen then.

5. DJ-ROCK

DJ-ROCK Member

hey there's some problem in ur profile, i can't find the star button to repute ya ?
    :confused: