Fate of a RockStar...

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by JAZZ, Feb 4, 2005.

1. Mr. Scary

Mr. Scary Bass-tard Child

whatever happened to something called "girl power" or the "anti ***ist" movement? Where women constanly bickered of how they should be treated equally in any set enviroment. Which means a man can/should talk or treat a person equally whether they are from the same or opposite gender.
    The part where you thought clothing was talent, clearly gave away the idea that you were a girl, or even possibly a male with certain issues.

If it seemed to harsh then, sorry "ma'am".

2. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

Alright, this has gone pretty far. Each of you have your opinions and please keep them to yourselves. If you have any differences, sort them out in PM's, please dont take a thread off-topic like this.

3. bob-bobby

bob-bobby Extinct or Banned!

yeah pls mr scary and drunken_wisdom - lets stay with the topic ,...

4. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

i just dont get it whats the big deal about a few rockers dying early..its their lives,let them live it the way they want to. u cant judge somebody elses life just cuz ur value system or what u think is "right" isnt what they think.
    And its not just rockstars who die early...come to think of it Perry and Tyler of Aerosmith were called the Toxic Twins because of their lifestyle and they are alive. So is paul and ringo(Beatles).
    Just cuz a few of em died early doesnt mean that if u r a rockstar then u r gonna die early.
    It also doesnt mean that u have to die early to become a rockstar.

5. Sanjay Mazumder

Sanjay Mazumder ~..::MASTERMIND::..~

Paul and Ringo are exceptions, dude. U can count paul and ringo like rockers but those who die early are uncountable.

6. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

those who died early are uncountable!!!?..are u outta ur mind. Name 10!

7. aleric

aleric New Member

I second dennis......

Its the other way round......

8. bob-bobby

u have a point dennis ...

9. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

thank you :)

10. light_of_erindi

light_of_erindi New Member

i don't know..man...looks like law of the nature...bigger they r...harder they fall...they get so big that they can't handle the presuure themselves...

like the stars...bigger a star is...faster it runs out of fuel...:)

And yeah Mr. scary... Dave Grohl is one helluva guy...it seems u really pissed her off!! :)

11. ananth222

ananth222 Beginner

There are many great musicians who live long healthy lives, mccartney, waters, gilmour, mclaughlin, clapton, knopfler, segovia to name a few.
    However, its the flashy types people tend to recall quickly, like freddie, jimi, elvis, rainhardt etc. who led flashy, extravagant or in some way eventful (even by hardship) lives. Thats y it appears that any random musician u recall seems to have died early cos its these types u recall easily.
    This analogy extends to any field of arts, like monroe or van gogh.

12. Sanjay Mazumder

Sanjay Mazumder ~..::MASTERMIND::..~

Actually they become Rock stars due to frustation in life and later they take drugs and all to forget their past. And they are great musicians coz they forget life and know only music.

13. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

sanjay.....i think uve been listening to too much nirvana!!...just cuz cobains s.h.it was filled with frustration (no pun intended :) ) doesnt mean every other rock musicians is, even those who died early. Eg Jimi,Morrison.
    And about drugs...id say dont talk about stuff u dont know sh.it about.

14. tejas

tejas ..........

Dope has done some good to us. I cant imagine what Peace Sells would have been like, if Dave Mustaine wasnt on them.

15. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

lolz...look what rehab has done to metallica :) :) :)

16. tejas

tejas ..........

^^Hehe, exactly. All this reminds me of the Intro to Thirdeye by Tool. Real funny. Check that out if u can.

17. shak

shak Harrr!

@dennis ... yeah ...hehehe....good point!!

18. Asmodeus

Asmodeus New Member

Probably... I do think that the whole Kurt Cobain thing is so overrated... and yeah, Dave Grhol was indeed far more talented than Kurt, but like, there is te POPULARITY thing... face it!

19. bob-bobby

@ sanjay - i dont think so anyone will just go and play rock because they are frustrated , if that is the case 90% of indians would be rockstars including our panwala and dhobis ...

who is not frustrated , everyone is with one thing or the other ...

music is a very relative terms , its only a passion of that genre can pull a person towards it .,.

go to any disco in india the yucky remixes what they play , you would hate it if you know abt music .,...

but still people are there who would jump the whole night listening to them , would you call them frustrated ?

20. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

but he drove his volvo like a frightened old lady