Fast or Melodious

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by m_waleed86, Oct 4, 2005.

1. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

Hey when some thing is not melodious it CANT be music ..
    Even sepultura .. For ppl who like it it should me Melodious ... else why wud ppl listen to them ...
    And fast and melidious can always exist together ..
    And as ppl mentioned it subjective ...

2. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

All that somebody likes need not be melodious. Even die hard Sepultura Fans wont call Sepultura a melodic band. People like such stuffs for the agression.

And for calling Sepultura Melodious. Nanda :nw: :nw: :nw:

3. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

MAIDEN>>>>>owns!

talking of fast n melodious i settle wid zero songs as well.....and slow n melodious for pink floyd!

4. jekyll

jekyll Banned

iron maiden becomes quite monotounous after a while

somehow all of their songs form earlier era sound similar.

only after their singer changed (two albums) they sounded a lil diff ...

and then ofcourse the two new albuyms are also diff

5. m_waleed86

m_waleed86 KhaMosh GhuStAk

thankss to all the guys how sarcastically corrected me......anywayzz

3 choices...

fast and melodious
    fast but not melodious
    melodious but not fast

6. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

anything tht is melodius...not necessarily fast or slow

7. ronnieanand

Maiden sounds dandada dandada dandada dandada all the time. Not much variations. I used to dig them a few years back til I heard their No Prayer For The Dying album. Then gave maiden a second listening session and everything was okay till I heard X Factor. That did everything. No more Maiden :mad: . Dont know when the song starts and when it ends.

8. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

ahhaahaha, I know exactly what you mean. Glad to know I'm not the only person outside the Iron Madien Fan Club. :beer:

9. jekyll

jekyll Banned

LOL

but i still love Iron Maiden' songs

espectially those Virtual XI and the X factor (dont remember ther nmaes properly)

they ARE melodious n fast too ...
    i once made a square listen to them ... his only crib was the vocalist is screeching too much ...
    otherwise he liked it ...

that is a rare feat for a rock band to achieve ... i tried to make him listen to metallica and he loathed it
    black sabbath - same loath

judas priest - same crib as iron maiden - everything ok .. but the voaclist screeches too much

so i concluded that even square n cube ppl can find iron maiden n judas priest music to their liking

10. ronnieanand

Introduce them to proper Deep Purple, Rainbow and Whitesnake. Actually I start with Rainbow and Queen to introduce any cube, square and rectangle to rock. I have been a serious coverter for a long time and I have been pretty successful. My mom listens to rock too now :). She identifies voices of Ronnie James Dio, David Coverdale and Ozzy Osbourne. When I use to return from my hostel to home during vacations, my mom would ask my sister to play Mama I am Coming Home - Ozzy the previous day. Talk about conversion. :rock:

11. jekyll

jekyll Banned

w000000t !!!

taht is good

actually i was also pretty succesfull in "converting" my hostel wing
    all of em were harcore northi dudes ... who listen to nothing but bollywood n bahngra

now all of em are rock n metal addicts ;)

n whaddya say about bryan adams n bon jovi for starters? ;)

12. ronnieanand

Bon Jovi is a bad influence. You dont want somebody to claim that they started listening to rock because of Bon Jovi :mad: :mad: :mad:

13. sridhar11_2

sridhar11_2 Instrumental guitarist

lol
    I swear i feel like killing when people want me to play It's My Life.

Eric Clapton probably has the most melodious solos ever.
    With speed and Melody Satriani comes second in my opinon.
    Jeff Beck comes in with wierd melodies that still make sense in his album "Jeff" which is an electronic music genre with the guitar in it - ABSOLUTELY AWESOME

14. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

15. JAZZ

JAZZ New Member

Van halen is the fastest

Joe satriani is the melodious

16. ronnieanand

Schumacher is even faster.

17. jekyll

jekyll Banned

Hey have u checked there is one Schumacher song
    and then there used to be one Hakkinen song too

that time both were at loggerheads ...
    and both the songs were kinda similar ... TEchno genre ... :)

18. Mr. Scary

Mr. Scary Bass-tard Child

I say Geroge Lynch is/was/always will be far superior than Eddie Van Halen...period!

19. ronnieanand

Man. What a comparison. Eddie is the guy who kick started the shred era. He is a great innovator. Compare EVH with innovators not just proficient guitarists. He is compared to Hendrix in his style though they sounded totally different. Both of them are considered to be the biggest innovators in Electric Guitar playing. I dont think anybody matches that till date. EVH was never my favourite but I respect him for what he did.

20. sridhar11_2

sridhar11_2 Instrumental guitarist

EVH is fantastic. It's fun listening to EVH. You should see videos of his live playing this guy is awesome. Everything looks so easy when he's playing.
    Got a video of him on SNL just awesome . One more of SNL with SRV and double trouble - the song with the funny wah.