Fantasy fiction

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by esgallindeion, Aug 14, 2004.

1. Sonali

Sonali ::>> Welcome <<::

:mad: i only read the first one abt 10 times coz i had to do a detaled book report on it, the rest of them i read only once each.....i wouldn't reccomend reading them more than that.

2. jayanth

jayanth &lt;.: : Call Quits : :.&gt;

Sonali have you read Franz Kafka??

3. Sonali

:eek: is he an author? no i've never read any of his books

4. jayanth

Yes.. Try reading The Castle.. Its a Journey of a Justice Seeker..

5. esgallindeion

esgallindeion Minstrel Knight

Amazing! No one seems to have heard of people like Robert Jordan, George R R Martin! Even Tolkien is rarely mentioned...

6. jayanth

Tolkien is rarely mentioned cause its an Obvious Favourite.. Robert jorden i've heard off.. No George martin never heard of him..

7. esgallindeion

Well, so has anyone read books like Silmarillion (Tolkien) or Wheel of Time (R Jordan)?? These two, together with Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire and dark Tower (Stephen King) are currently my favourite fantasy masterpieces. Though, Robert E Howard and a Raymond E Feist, Terry Brooks and C S Lewis also have some works which I admire a lot.

8. jayanth

ANy Indian Authors you read?? Ruskin Bond??

9. esgallindeion

Who hasn't read Ruskin Bond? But its not the sort of fantasy fiction I am talking about...

10. jayanth

It is Fiction.. I know what you are talking about.. Then Read "Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy" - Douglas Adams.. Its an amazing book..

11. esgallindeion

I already have! Its funny but I didn't really like it much.

Among other Indian books, I liked the Feluda series by Satyajit Ray and Byomkesh Bakshi (I don't remember the author).

12. jayanth

Byomkesh Bakshi is totally Awesome. I have recorded the series of serials on Some Beta tape.. Its amazing..

13. tejas

tejas ..........

I can read the HP books any number of times and still not get bored. I've already read the first four 7 times, and the 5th one 4 times.

14. Natasia

Natasia ...

i remmember Byomkesh Bakshi me used to watch it regularly wen it was being telecasted.... wat was that actors name ?????? but me has never read the series...
    @tejas... my sis loovveessss hp... but me has never tried reading it.... dunno y....:think:

15. tejas

tejas ..........

Well then, start reading now. You'll love them. I am sure.

16. jayanth

Rajath kapoor.. THats because you are a grown Up..

17. Sonali

are the lord of the rings books better than the movies?

18. jayanth

According to me.. Yes.. Books always rule..

19. esgallindeion

Of course... the movies were good but flawed... There were many changes and deviations from the story which actually didn't ring true to those who have read the books (especially Silmarillion) but the movies were quite superb too... the books were absolutely flawless.

20. abhay_saxena

abhay_saxena Lord of the strings

yeah the book is awesome. . .after seeing the movies i read it and realised how great it is