Extreme Metal

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by Mr. Scary, Sep 18, 2005.

1. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

What would be an alternate nickanme then?

You like Jazz but not jazz metal?

And meshuggah has no "usual" time signatures. 13/7 or 13/8 is relatively common though.

2. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

I like Cynic to a certain extent but that's about it. Don't like Atheist, Pestilence or Spiral Architect.

As for an alternate nickname how about "don't-care"? :p:

3. shsnawada

Which hate eternal album is the best? I want to know. I got king of kings and dont know if i got to get conquering the throne

4. Demonstealer

Demonstealer New Member

I too cant handle Messugah

blind guardian any day!!! \m/

5. shsnawada

Is it the Nu sound that they have? And the RD-RD song has odd time signatures. Just wondering.

And anyone knows how I, Monarch (Hate eternal) is?

6. Mr. Scary

Mr. Scary Bass-tard Child

I didn't like Conquering the Throne, I Monarch is definitley a great release. Derek Roddy does some great drumming on that one.

7. shsnawada

OK...... will download that (I, monarch), then look for the CD all around the city. Then steal it.

8. shsnawada

Decapitated came here the day before yesterday. I only knew that the day before yesterday in the night (10:00 when the concert should be taking place). :cry2:

9. Demonstealer

Demonstealer New Member

@shash - the 1song on the RD album has some odd time signatures.
    DR plays alot of Riffs in 7 count.

10. shsnawada

Yeah! Great Album. Derek is truly insane. Check the videos out (ignore the groove and clave) https://www.derekroddy.com/free_video.html

@demonstealer: Glad to know that. I am a time signature/odd meters freak.

11. Mr. Scary

yeah Derek Roddy and Flo Mounier have to be my favorite death metal drummers

12. shsnawada

Them along with pete sandoval, and george kolias (to a lesser extent). I mean i never heard anyhting like 00:05-00:06 in inquisition (domination) from anyone except him.

Actually all quality death metal bands have exceptional drummers (pardon cannibal corpse and opeth). Even Exhumation has a good drummer.

About derek: I just cant believe that he (or any human) did "Behold Judas" even if there's a video of that.

Thank god they postponed their european tour till the spring of next year. Otherwise it would be another miss. (17/09/05)

13. death_metal_fan

umm Opeth has a fantastic drummer in Martin Lopez I think. Ever heard Deliverance? He has some of the quickest feet in the business methinks. And he plays slower parts with great accuracy. It's difficult to spot mistakes when you're playing 240bpm but when you're playing slower weird beats you can hear every note (and every mistake). He's perfect for them and his performance on the Lamentations DVD was enough to rank him as one my top drummers.

14. shsnawada

OK, sorry. I dont have deliverance, and so i dont know: I based my view on BWP, ghost reveries, Damnation and still life.

About fast drummers: Why doesnt hellhammer play for a death metal band? He could be really usefull.

15. Demonstealer

Demonstealer New Member

the opeth drummer is really kickass. Speed isnt everything

some of my fav drummers are Nick Barker(Ex Dimmu) Tony Laureno(Ex Nile), George Kolais (Nile), Flo(Cryptopsy), the blind guardian drummer, Gene Hoglan, Richard Christy, Sean Rienrnt. etc

Btw from the Indian scene. Yasmin and JP are the top death/ extreme metal according to me.

Hear JP on the latest demonic resurrection sample clip here

The 2nd Clip is Now Here

This is from the song 'Invoking The Demons'

This is from the pre-mix stages. The 2nd Draft of the mix.
    Check it out

https://www.savefile.com/files/1286232

Enjoy!!!

16. Mr. Scary

nice work!

17. shsnawada

Yeah! Good Stuff (esp JP). Anybody heard anything about the aryan march (vedic metal band)? I'm quite interested.

18. Mr. Scary

I have, and they are a kick ass band indeed.

19. death_metal_fan

Awesome work Sahil. It reminds me of Anthems-era Emperor. The track is very reminiscent of 'Ye Entrancemperium'. Maybe it's the keyboards....very nice work!!

20. Asmodeus

Asmodeus New Member

Good work... Hope to meet you @ I-Rock...

People, please tell me a bit more bout Atheist???