Explain this to me

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by lord_neo, Oct 14, 2005.

1. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

As usual i was doing R&D and i came across this news article on TOI which says "India is world's 2nd ***iest nation".

Now here is the good part around a whoping "3000" "Global" people partcipated in this poll to reach this path breaking conclusion.

3000! :annoyed:

Can anyone descipher this code?

Here is the link: https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/1262101.cms

2. india the worlds 2nd ***iest nation?! MY A$$!

3. anshphenomenon

anshphenomenon Rape me :boff:

what the hell do u mean by ***iest nation??
    they r talkin abt the ppl with the most *** appeal..

personally i think TOI is a suckass newspaper...
    puts all crap..and nothing informative...

4. vivo_b

vivo_b The Brave

why is S_E_X censored? and furthermore why is S_E_Xiest censored????
    I think this thread itself proves the survey wrong.....being that the 'I' in IGT stands for Indian, I'd say your attitute towards censoring "S_E_Xiest" is not "S_E_Xy" at all. Plus IGT has 10,000+ members so we have more members than the survey did so if we dont think its ok to type the word "S_E_X" or "S_E_Xiest" then we cant be the #2 S_E_Xiest nation.
    HERE'S TO NON-CENSORSHIP!!!!!!!!!!!! :rule:

5. Ankur_Scorpio

Ankur_Scorpio New Member

cant agree with u more man!!! i hate tht paper....but somehow still check it :p:

its a good one for time pass...especially their Cricket news guy!!

one day sachin scores he is like this guy is god
    otherday he flops...he is like kick him!!
    he does same thing for everybody else....his opinions change faster than i can REFRESH my page!!! :p:

they try to sensationalise everything!!

Ankur

6. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

vivo_b@ Stay on the topic!

7. shak

shak Harrr!

3000 inputs are not enuff to publish a dependable census result .... who ever did that was mistaken .. as far as the sexiest nation is concerned i think people agree it is either italians or the swedes

EDIT: sexiest didnt get censored :) .. nice one .. i think we are growing up now

8. vivo_b

vivo_b The Brave

I think I was on topic.......if you didnt understand my explaination then here it is again.

If we are so worried about the word $ex then I dont think we deserve to be the $exiest nation. ie the poll is flawed. The censorship of any word eg. $ex means that we(or someone we know) may be offended by that word. Censorship doesnt only stop at written/typed material. Its also the movies, TV, radio, protestors etc. everytime anything is censored it shows the level of uncomfort for that topic. If on an indian forum I see that words like $ex are censored it only means that the members(or mods) are uncomfortable seeing them.
    If we as the Indian Guitar Tabs community(which has 7000+ more members than that survey) are not comfortable with the use of this word, we cannot think of ourselves being from the #2 most $exiest nation.

Also about this automatic censoring of the word $EX: $EX is in no way an offensive word. I understand you wanting to censor abusive language but censoring natural words with no offensive meaning whatsoever is against free speech.

9. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

We are trying to be on the safer side of things. Believe me you dont want try explaining stuff like this to Cyber Crime Cell as they dont waste their time in "reasoning" with you. We dont expect people to understand this but we do whats best for everybody.

Again i say stay on the topic. The topic being, is a poll participated by "3000" people enough to pass any sort of "global" judgment.

10. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

ohh..no wonder my post got deleted.
    is the cyber crime cell so serious...i never knew they existed.

11. akkyy21

akkyy21 #%@!$&

Yeah,..
    Only if i hadnt cut my hair, India could have been on no.1 :p: hehe

Wat crap this newspaper comes up with, I go for Bangkok as the ***iest ;)

12. vivo_b

vivo_b The Brave

I dont mean to blame you for the censoring. I'm just saying the existant of such things as the "Cyber Crime Cell" itself shows our lack of acceptance about things like ***uality. Hence a wrong poll. Also 3000 people out 6Billion is too little to be called a good Sample Size

13. zoomingrocket

zoomingrocket TeChNiCaL AdMiNiStRaToR

Vivo.... if you dont know regarding Indian Laws...why do you keep commenting upon it????

Read the Informationa Technology Act, 2000 passed by the Central Government:
    https://www.mit.gov.in/itbillonline/it_framef.asp

According to this act, any use of obscene words comes under criminal prosecution...
    And 'obscene' word is a broad word which can cover anything and everything....
    So thats what we try to prevent...

We arent interested to be some super Censorship Machines...
    As such..the you are liable for the posts you make as per the Terms you accepted while signing up here on IGT..

And Cyber Crime Cell, is the premier Crime Branch of Mumbai which keeps a strong vigil on entire Cyber Crimes & Violations of IT Act in India...
    Check: https://www.cybercellmumbai.com/

Hope this clears enough of your "in the air comments"...better you come down on earth and get to know the facts..

BTW... IndianGuitarTabs.com(IGT) is legally registered entity..and falls under the purview of CCS, Mumbai..

REgards,
    Zooom..!!

14. m_waleed86

m_waleed86 KhaMosh GhuStAk

maybe the 3000 people only considered the bollywood actresses

15. amit82cse

amit82cse Silent observeR

Was that the open survey for common people OR was that targeted to some privileged ones?

16. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

^^ lol yeah!

@vivo n neo - hey!dun stare at me......im not falling into this!

but india isnt the 2nd sxiest country!

17. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

TOI is the crappiest newspaper ever

18. anshphenomenon

anshphenomenon Rape me :boff:

^^was just abt to say that..
    i dun think we shd take these papers seriously.......

19. jekyll

jekyll Banned

ummm
    to tell the truth
    i cannot say about sexiest nation ...

but it is definitely a sexist nation

20. vivo_b

vivo_b The Brave

To the mods.....my comments on this thread were not meant to be aggresive in nature. What I said is just an observation. As of the Cyber Cell Units I really didn't know of their existance....although I do know that there are people monitoring the internet.
    What I wanted you to get out of my argument was that the existance of such people, who want to censor the so called "obscene" words on the internet itself backs my claim of lack of open-mindedness in the indian government/community. I also am not saying this lack of tolerence is only found in india as the US also monitors such websites, although not at the level of banning the word "***." This lack of tolerence/un-openmindedness is NOT ***y at all, and hence the country cannot claim to be the ***iest, no matter how many people are used in the survey.